Username
Password
Angels & Airwaves News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Angels & Airwaves
Inside AP.net

Ilan Rubin Discusses New Angels & Airwaves Music

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (05/07/13)
Ilan Rubin was recently on The Gunz Show and discussed the topic of new Angels & Airwaves.
Here's what I'll say, there are no details or anything set in stone. But I actually was with Tom a few days ago and earlier this year we wrote quite a bit of music, 7 songs. More than half an album worth of material... He's been busy doing, who knows what he's doing...

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
03:19 PM on 05/07/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Gunz: Any word on Angels? Any new music? Is Delonge being Delonge?
Ilan Rubin: Here's what I'll say, there are no details or anything set in stone. But I actually was with Tom a few days ago and earlier this year we wrote quite a bit of music, 7 songs. More than half an album worth of material... He's been busy doing, who knows what he's doing
Gunz: Cuz he's Tom.
Ilan: He's Delonging it. He's got a lot going on. but I'm sure we'll reconvene a few more times and once we get an albums worth of material we'll kind of sift thru it and see what's a keeper. Like I said the musics there and it will continued to be recorded but it's in a very free state right now.
Gunz: Kind of like his mind (laughter)
Ilan: Haha, exactly. The songs are in spaceships right now and we're waiting for them to drop back down.
03:27 PM on 05/07/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
that's about 24 minutes in. the other parts of the interview we discuss Denver Harbor, ftw! and even Paramore and the various drumming styles he got to do on the album.

- Gunz
03:32 PM on 05/07/13
renedex
User Info.
I can't wait. I only started enjoying/properly listening to A&A after Love Pt. 2 came out and so have listened to everything they've put out to death in quite a short space of time.

I am very eager for some new stuff.
04:31 PM on 05/07/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Laughed hard at some of that. Excited though
04:48 PM on 05/07/13
TAI182
User Info.
Cautiously optimistic for new AVA music these days.
04:56 PM on 05/07/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
thanks zacky baby.
05:11 PM on 05/07/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
Ilan Rubin ‏@IlanRubin 22m @absolutepunk @TheGunzShow it's "ILAN". Gunz tell them how to spell it, you do that well.

damnit Keagan! spell it right! ;)

- Gunz
05:47 PM on 05/07/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Love his interview at NAMM with Adventure Drums where he talks about all the different ways people butcher his name.
06:04 PM on 05/07/13
tdlyon
User Info.
I like Angels and Airwaves, but unless they try a lot of new stuff I think the band has run its course. All of the songs are starting to sound the same, but if there's anyone who can change it up, it's Ilan.

(I'd still much rather have new Blink any day)
07:10 PM on 05/07/13
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
I love AVA...I hope there's an AVA record with Ilan on drums.
08:45 PM on 05/07/13
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I love AVA...I hope there's an AVA record with Ilan on EVERYTHING.

10:11 PM on 05/07/13
markymarkmac
User Info.
I really liked Diary. Thought it was a big step forward for them. Stoaked to hear what they can come up with now with so much more brought to the table writing wise. With Ilan writing a lot of the music with Tom, it could breathe life back into the band.

Also, Blink Untitled 10 year Ann'y tour pleaseeeeee.
11:28 PM on 05/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
that's about 24 minutes in. the other parts of the interview we discuss Denver Harbor, ftw! and even Paramore and the various drumming styles he got to do on the album.

- Gunz

Did you say Denver Harbor?! Must listen now.
01:49 AM on 05/08/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I'm actually kinda excited now that it is confirmed that all AvA songs are co-written by both Tom and Ilan. AvA was really losing its grip with the last album because the songs sounded the same and uninspired. Ilan could actually save this band because he's talented as fuck.

Also, I like how the way Tom writes songs for both blink-182 and AvA changed for the better. Blink songs are now written by Tom, Mark and Travis in the same room, AvA songs are written by Tom and Ilan in the same room. Two years ago both blink and AvA songs were written by Tom only, that's why a lot of blink songs sounded more like ideas for AvA. I like how there will be a clear difference in the writing style of the songs, resulting in a better and more focused sound for both bands.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests