Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

Friday Discussion: First Concert Experience

Posted by: Drew Beringer (05/10/13)
The latest Friday Discussion on PropertyOfZack is "My First Concert Experience," featuring commentary from The Wonder Years, The World Is A Beautiful Place, Miss May I, and more. Check it out here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 75
01:47 PM on 05/10/13
Kixur413
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first concert was My Chemical Romance w/ Rise Against for their Black Parade tour. I fell in love with concerts then. Rise Against's energy was amazing, everyone was jumping around and singing along to all their songs. My Chem's performance is unforgettable. Those theatrics and stage performance were out of this world. I wish I could relive that show, I'll never forget it.
02:00 PM on 05/10/13
Shanejoseph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first was the very first krock dysfunctional family picnic back in 1997. Echo and the bunnymen, veruca salt, blur, foo fighters and bush. I was only 12 but I knew it was probably going to be the coolest show I've ever been to.
02:04 PM on 05/10/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Some pretty good ones listed there. Mine was a Sum 41 headliner with No Use For A Name and The Starting Line opening. Took place spring 2003, I was 13. Needless to say, it fucking ruled.
02:28 PM on 05/10/13
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
First concert was Midtown, New Found Glory, and Blink-182. I was 10 years old and it still remains as one of the best concerts I've ever been to
02:41 PM on 05/10/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Slipknot, with Machine Head snd Children of Bodom supporting. Needless to say that my taste has evolved since.
02:44 PM on 05/10/13
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Weird Al. Wouldn't change it for the world.
03:31 PM on 05/10/13
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Is it sad that I know exactly what concert the image at the top is from?

MCS in the fall of 2010 at Grand Valley's campus for me.
03:34 PM on 05/10/13
alexa_ATL
Pretty eyed, pirate smile
User Info.
The Maine, Metro Station, and Boys Like Girls when I was like 14. And it makes me so sad to say that.

But, I count Senses Fail, Bayside, Balance & Composure, and Title Fight as my first 'real' concert I went too. I think that was like 2010.
04:02 PM on 05/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Destrophy

Besides it being my first show, it was also the only time I got to see A7x before Jimmy passed away, so it's a pretty important show to me. Even if Buckcherry's set was one of the worst performances I've witnessed (I wasn't there for them anyway sooo).
04:31 PM on 05/10/13
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokémon Trainer
User Info.
Esmé, Vaya, The Silent Escape and a bunch of shitty hardcore bands in a church in McDonough, GA in 2004/2005 sometime.

I didn't have any friends into music, so I didn't get to go to a show until I was 16 or 17 (thanks sheltering parents). I've been trying to make up for lost time ever since.
04:46 PM on 05/10/13
mister fresh
nightynightmedia.com
User Info.
My first concert was in 1999 and it was coal chamber, machine head, slipknot, and amen. Even though I really don't listen to those bands anymore, it was an amazing experience. Especially since I was like 10 haha.
04:48 PM on 05/10/13
Penguin
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
Warped Tour 2008 - I saw The Academy Is..., Jack's Mannequin, Cobra Starship, & Say Anything. Incredible.
04:48 PM on 05/10/13
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
My first concert was Rick Springfield lol
04:57 PM on 05/10/13
mkohler
Get Myself Together
User Info.
My first "scene related" concert was the 2007 Honda Civic Tour. Some odd additions to the lineup when I think about it now.

First overall was probably N*Sync when they toured in support of Celebrity.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests