Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 51.
01:27 PM on 05/17/13
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
I was somewhat into their EP, but I felt like the vocals were really forced. I thought that the split with Citizen was really good, and was a perfect transition into Magnolia. I was blown away the first time I heard Magnolia, & every time I listen to it I find something else about it that I love. Lyrically & musically. I think if you were really, REALLY into the EP, this album won't be for you, but please do give it a shot.
01:43 PM on 05/17/13
drummer13
http://chaplinband.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
I just don't get it. I preordered the album, was tentatively excited, but have not been able to connect with it at all. Sounds like I'm missing out on something special... hopefully it'll click in the future!
01:50 PM on 05/17/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
fuck that last line was real. i like your review dude.
02:58 PM on 05/17/13
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
This album completely caught me by surprised. They went from being another interchangeable new wave pop punk band to releasing an AOTY candidate for me. I haven't been able to get the chorus of 'Seedwong' out of my head for a month
03:02 PM on 05/17/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
Such a great album/review.
03:52 PM on 05/17/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
I don't get why other people are so happy with this change. I find that they sound like what every other new pop punk band is trying to sound like these days. Also, this isn't nearly as catchy as the first one.
05:01 PM on 05/17/13
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
I don't get why other people are so happy with this change. I find that they sound like what every other new pop punk band is trying to sound like these days. Also, this isn't nearly as catchy as the first one.
what other pop punk bands sound like this now?
08:02 PM on 05/17/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
what other pop punk bands sound like this now?
Daylight, for starters.
09:28 PM on 05/17/13
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
Daylight, for starters.
i already knew you were going to say this before i even submitted my post haha
Daylight was never a pop punk band
06:39 AM on 05/18/13
quickandsilver
User Info.
Reminds me of STD-SWYA. Such a great fuckin record
08:59 AM on 05/18/13
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
Great album. These guys know how to write a fucking bridge. Side note, Citizen's new song sounds like it could fit right in with this album, so I'm expecting them to have a great LP release as well.
04:30 PM on 05/18/13
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
Loved their split with Citizen, so I was really excited about this. I gotta say, I was surprised but impressed with it. "Shiver" is so damn good, one of the more Get Up Kids-y/Saves the Day moments. "Wither" and "Seedwong" are a gut-wrenching one-two punch. "Flicker and Fade" is so sweet and sad. And then there's "Hollow", which I dubbed the Unintentional Tranny Angst Anthem - if you ever wondered what it felt like, this song does a pretty good job of describing some of the pain that comes along with being transgender.
I always think Blake's reviews are top-notch, and this one is no exception.
08:11 PM on 05/18/13
dmryan33
dmryan33
User Info.
love this cd. reminds me of when fireworks gospel came out and was completely unexpected and blew me away
05:23 PM on 05/19/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
I think I'll be needing this.
12:59 PM on 05/20/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is definitely a grower but a big improvement on their earlier stuff. I always felt like they sounded more like a second-rate Title Fight (circa TLTYF) before and got a bunch of hype online out of nowhere. At least any praise is somewhat justified now.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests