Username
Password
Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 61
07:32 AM on 05/17/13
mikeXXXnj
I'm the (not actually)black jesus.
User Info.
this song sucks so hard. make your mark was such a great pop punk album, bottle of charades?!? cmon, this comes nowhere near even comparing. ive seen them live with both vocalists, 100x better with the old guy. im bummed.

also, ive seen the band as a 5 piece and 4 piece. way better crowd involvement as a 5 piece, singer didnt have a guitar so he could do what he wanted and the show was more fun, due to more mics being shoved in kids faces to scream lyrics and whatnot.
my thought exactly
09:21 AM on 05/17/13
instantstop
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thought this was pretty damn good, not really getting all of the hate.
10:57 AM on 05/17/13
dannn666
dannn666
User Info.
It's definitely different, but isn't that to be expected? Chase has to write music to suit his voice now, instead of writing for singers like Matt and Stu. I really dig this shit. I got a chance to hear a couple other jams in Vancouver, and they also sound sick. Stoked for these guys and their new direction.
03:01 PM on 05/17/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Who wrote the lyrics when Stu was in the band?

I believe most of the lyrics on Holy Shit were written by Chase.
06:03 PM on 05/17/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
It's definitely different, but isn't that to be expected? Chase has to write music to suit his voice now, instead of writing for singers like Matt and Stu. I really dig this shit. I got a chance to hear a couple other jams in Vancouver, and they also sound sick. Stoked for these guys and their new direction.
The beginning and rhythmically it's still very LWL, but it's not surprising that people were expecting some hard-edged stuff. They've taken all of it out completely.
10:21 PM on 05/17/13
davidblane
STL
User Info.
This is cool. I loved their last releases, but changing vocalists is always going to result in a new sound, especially when it's someone already playing in the band. Stoked for the other tunes.
06:56 AM on 05/18/13
amnigo
User Info.
Not saying it's a bad song, but I am very, very disappointed with the new style. I'm going to miss the old LWL.
12:29 PM on 05/18/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I like it really much, from what I've noticed the new vocalist was already in the band (what did he play?).. He really sounds like Mark H. here, but it doesn't matter, in comparison to the more edgy sound of their previous efforts this might fall short, but not looking at it that way I enjoy it!
05:55 PM on 05/18/13
GIVEupyourGHSTx
User Info.
Songs not Bad...Definitely not what the last album was at all, but that's what happens when you lose your lead vocals. Miss that raspy, grungy voice. But this definitely sounds like a younger blink 182 without all the swearing lol .... After a few listens its definitely an album i could enjoy if there were a few faster? harder? punk-y-ier? songs
04:46 PM on 05/19/13
mikeXXXnj
User Info.
I saw them last night. It did not work and made me sad.
04:57 PM on 05/19/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I saw them last night. It did not work and made me sad.
:\

Dammit...
05:32 PM on 05/19/13
mikeXXXnj
User Info.
like, he hit the notes, but it definitely wasn't as exciting as the old LWL. The set list was lacking. They finished with Bottle of Charades. and they played dude manor. I was hoping for Coolin' With Costa.
05:32 PM on 05/19/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

I saw this band play as a 4 piece with Chase singing once in November 2008 and once in January 2013. Both times the sets were awesome and when I see them in exactly one week again I expect the exact same thing. Sure the sets aren't as lively with only 4 members and sure Chase sings differently, but I don't see that as a bad thing. This band still rules and I'm sticking by them.
05:44 PM on 05/19/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
like, he hit the notes, but it definitely wasn't as exciting as the old LWL. The set list was lacking. They finished with Bottle of Charades. and they played dude manor. I was hoping for Coolin' With Costa.
Well maybe over time he/they'll get more lively as they adjust to their permanent lineup change.
05:45 PM on 05/19/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I saw this band play as a 4 piece with Chase singing once in November 2008 and once in January 2013. Both times the sets were awesome and when I see them in exactly one week again I expect the exact same thing. Sure the sets aren't as lively with only 4 members and sure Chase sings differently, but I don't see that as a bad thing. This band still rules and I'm sticking by them.
That's fair. I really do love them, but I need to hear more of their new stuff to see how much I dig it. I'd probably go see them anyway. Still too early to judge. I actually like his voice, but I would love it if they brought back the heavier music.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos