Username
Password

Album Review - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 213.
02:15 PM on 05/19/13
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
I still listen to suburbia regularly after 2 years. I expect I'll be doing the same for this album, it's really nice.
06:20 AM on 05/20/13
juliamacarena
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can literally feel the torture that went into writing this review. Fabulously articulated review for what is to most likely be the best record of the year. Cheers to both you and The Wonder Years.
04:19 PM on 05/20/13
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
you love the album, sooo it gets 3%... i'm lost.
05:43 PM on 05/20/13
tdlyon
User Info.
you love the album, sooo it gets 3%... i'm lost.

I can't believe people are still saying this.
09:13 PM on 05/20/13
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
I can't believe people are still saying this.
i cant believe people still give vague nonanswers
09:17 PM on 05/20/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
i cant believe people still give vague nonanswers
09:30 PM on 05/20/13
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
i just clicked through 13 pages of nonanswers saying "just read the review" and "you made my day". not wanting to be a prick, i "just read the review". still, no explanation. received another nonanswer to an earnest question. so tell me, why is everyone so adamant to not explain the 3%? is it really so hard to give a simple answer and not be a dick? or do your interweb egos not allow for communication that isn't littered with insults and sarcasm?
09:32 PM on 05/20/13
Star Slight
User Info.
this dude is the worst poster on the site freal no exaggeration there
09:36 PM on 05/20/13
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
just an explanation, thanks
09:46 PM on 05/20/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
if you actually read through the 13 pages you'd have seen an explanation
10:10 PM on 05/20/13
SannyDamet
Professional Cotton Slinger
User Info.
Such an incredible record. This band keeps getting better and better with each release. I can't wait to see what kind of crazy support tours they get on this record cycle.
10:21 PM on 05/20/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
just an explanation, thanks
You got an explanation by The Meech now but it was fairly self explanatory. At the end of the day scores don't really matter that much if you have read the review. Thomas obvious loves and recommends the album. It has been stated time and time again on this site about how people care too much about score or don't read between the lines. I guess for future reference this is what it looks like when an album does not have a score just a review.
10:40 PM on 05/20/13
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
if you actually read through the 13 pages you'd have seen an explanation

no

when the reviewers don't put numbers into the reviewing categories the final score has always shown up as 3% for whatever reason. Thomas basically just said create your own score and didn't put any of his own ratings in, hence it shows up as 3%

thank you

You got an explanation by The Meech now but it was fairly self explanatory. At the end of the day scores don't really matter that much if you have read the review. Thomas obvious loves and recommends the album. It has been stated time and time again on this site about how people care too much about score or don't read between the lines. I guess for future reference this is what it looks like when an album does not have a score just a review.

i get your logic, but my stance is that it was a terrible mistake to do away with the categorized ratings. it would have been better to implement them into the reviews themselves rather than get rid of them. but to take away an overall rating entirely is folly. it's just as pointless as having ratings without reviews. it's important to not look at them and say that one should exist without the other; instead, they should compliment each other. i hope the admins will eventually realize this. sure, it's their site, but i'd hope that dogmatism won't completely wipe out my favorite part of the original ap.
06:12 AM on 05/21/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

i get your logic, but my stance is that it was a terrible mistake to do away with the categorized ratings. it would have been better to implement them into the reviews themselves rather than get rid of them. but to take away an overall rating entirely is folly. it's just as pointless as having ratings without reviews. it's important to not look at them and say that one should exist without the other; instead, they should compliment each other. i hope the admins will eventually realize this. sure, it's their site, but i'd hope that dogmatism won't completely wipe out my favorite part of the original ap.
they did not get rid of them and thomas said he will go back and give it a score for review purpose but it was meant to show how the album is so good that everyone needs to listen to formulate their own opinion. Personally I wish they would do away with scores just so people would read first and not whine about the scores being too high or too low. Its fun to give it -/10 but at the end of the day its fairly meaningless and it really is up to the listener to make their own opinion. The review only serves as one person's opinion tied with fact and perception.
07:21 AM on 05/21/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
no

thank you

My review of this band's last record evoked pages of comments about how it couldn't be a 9.5/10. I liked this album more so I was in a position to give it another 9.5 or a 10, which would have resulted in the same discussion. I left the score off to change the discussion a bit -- and while it wound up with less comments than it would have had I rated it, I think the discussion was more centered around the record this time, so I'm not sad about it.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests