AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Essentials: Slam Dunk Festival

Posted by - 08:04 AM on 05/24/13
For those of you that don't know, Slam Dunk Festival has become an absolute must for those of us in the UK, with seven stages filled to the brim with pop-punk and post-hardcore. Head below to check out a list of the usual suspects and some wildcards you perhaps hadnít considered checking out, but probably should.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
08:04 AM on 05/24/13
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bands To WatchAndrew McMahon
Come on, it’s Andrew McMahon: Something Corporate and Jack’s Mannequin supremo. Doing an acoustic solo set. Of course you’re going to sing along like an idiot and of course it’s going to be great.

The Wonder Years
What does a room of 300 kids roaring: “WELL JESUS CHRIST” sound like? I guess we’ll find out when Soupy and co. hit the Macbeth stage this weekend. Expect stagedives. Lots of them.

Devil Sold His Soul
Who wants to see this post-metal mob decimate the Tiger stage in their early evening slot? Us too. Expect a pitch-perfect, precise, positively breathtaking set from one of UK metal’s rising stars.

Bury Tomorrow
Speaking of UK metal, here’s another band who look set to kick an ungodly amount of arse. Expect this melodic metal crew to cap a fantastic past few months with a thundering set on the Monster stage.

Transit
Slap bang in the middle of pop-punk haven the Macbeth stage, Transit stand out as one of the only bands in their scene unafraid to try something new.

Sophomore
He's struck out by clashing with The Story So Far and Mallory Knox, but Decade frontman Alex Sears’ solo take on ‘90s alt-rock is equally deserving of your time.

Blitz Kids
The subjects of this week’s band spotlight offer something a little different. You won’t find many people in Man Overboard shirts watching their set on the Tiger stage, but those that do are in for a polished pop-rock treat.

Class Of ‘92
Under his new solo guise, A Loss For Words’ Matty Arsenault has been releasing some flat-out great pop songs. Expect more of the same this weekend on the acoustic stage.

Heart In Hand
A monster set for the Monster stage. Geddit? The band’s new album is a prime cut of metalcore-cum-hardcore magic and only a fool would be anticipating anything less from the band’s opening slot.

InfoSlam Dunk Festival takes place this weekend at:
25th Leeds University
26th University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
27th Wolverhampton Civic Hall

The festival is also running some smaller dates over the next few days:

24th Slam Dunk Scotland, Glasgow ABC
28th Slam Dunk Wales, Cardiff University
29th Slam Dunk Ireland, Dublin Academy

Full line-ups for each date are below.
08:10 AM on 05/24/13
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
Not that great of a lineup this year besides the Macbeth stage.
08:36 AM on 05/24/13
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
A few decent acts, I'm still looking forward to it.
08:42 AM on 05/24/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Line up is so good, I really wish I was going. But I have uni exams on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Why they always place this during the GCSE/ a level/ uni exam period, when 90% of the bands strictly appeal to people in these age groups, I'll never know.
09:33 AM on 05/24/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Our Last Night
10:10 AM on 05/24/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Going to be such a great time. Can't wait.
11:07 AM on 05/24/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Going to Slam Dunk South again on sunday, last year was fantastic so here's hoping for a repeat.

Personally I intend to start off drinking and watching The Summer Set, merely because they are near the bar.
At half two I shall go watch Transit, followed by The Story So Far at the Macbeth stage. I shall then go to the mainstage and catch 15 minutes of Mallory Knox. Then back to Macbeth for Man Overboard, followed by a return to the main stage for Pierce The Veil. After this there a lack of bands that interest me for a while so I shall probably go see Blitz Kids on Stage 1, followed by Sleeping With Sirens on the main. After this I'll take a break and maybe catch Bury Tomorrow or Polar Bear Club for half hour. Then to Macbeth to see The Wonder Years.
The next group of bands is kind of tricky, but I'm seeing Deaf Havana later this year, so I'll watch the first half hour of The Early November, then go see all of Senses Fail, before wrapping things up with Your Demise.

http://clashfinder.com/s/slammyd2013...l-col4=ff2424&
12:53 PM on 05/24/13
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
Slam Dunk Ireland is pretty much just 4 of the bands from the Macbeth stage. Heh.
04:38 AM on 05/25/13
Bazy0
User Info.
Fuck yeah I'm about to leave for Slam Dunk North. Line up isn't brilliant for me this year but can't wait to see TSSF, Polar Bear Club and Cancer Bats.
07:54 AM on 05/26/13
hometownblues_
Sam
User Info.
Last night at Slam Dunk North was insane. Every band killed it and TWY did "All My Friends Are in Bar Bands" with Nik from Man Overboard, Matty from A Loss For Words, Joe from Transit and David from Fireworks. It was one of the best performances I've ever seen.
06:18 AM on 05/27/13
Shadow147
duhhh
User Info.
Not that great of a lineup this year besides the Macbeth stage.
^^ he rite

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version