AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Like Moths To Flames To Release New Album "An Eye For An...

Posted by - 02:53 PM on 05/29/13
Like Moths To Flames will release their sophomore record, An Eye For An Eye, on July 9th via Rise Records. Check out the track listing, press release, and album artwork below.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
02:53 PM on 05/29/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Press Release
“After almost two years, we are very excited to release our new record, An Eye For An Eye. We've had time to learn about the band and ultimately figure out the direction that we'd like to go musically. I think the record shows a lot of growth and progression as we went outside of our norm to try some different things for a few songs. We couldn't be happier with the way the record turned out and can't wait to share it with all of you,” states vocalist Chris Roetter.

An Eye For An Eye upholds Like Moths To Flames’ notoriously aggressive energy while revealing the band’s most exciting and heavy-hitting work to date. The new album showcases maturing song structures leading with sleek guitar melodies rolling into robust riffs that compliment Roetter’s signature raw textured vocals and merciless lyrics. Guest vocalists Shane Told of Silverstein on “Into The Ground” and Ahren Stringer of The Amity Affliction on “Lord of Bones” also add to the evolving dynamic of the album that sets it apart from previous releases.

The much-anticipated follow-up to the band’s 2011 debut When We Don’t Exist was once again recorded at Machine Shop Productions in Belleville, NJ with producer Will Putney (Miss May I, For Today, Suicide Silence).

Roetter comments, “After working with Will Putney at Machine Shop for our first album there was no question to where we would be recording the second. We spent the months of March and April at Machine Shop working on this album and once again the experience was great. Putney has always had a good grasp on where the band wants to go musically and what the band wants to do and he helps us to get there."

With the new release underway the Ohio natives continue to gain momentum having been covered by the likes of Alternative Press, Outburn Magazine, Noisecreep, Revolver, etc. Relentless touring has also distinguished the band as steadfast travel warriors hitting the road cross country with Miss May I, Silverstein, We Came As Romans and peers alike as well as headlining the 2013 Rise Records Tour.
02:54 PM on 05/29/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Track Listing:
1) YOU'LL BURN

2) A FEAST FOR CROWS

3) THE COMMON MISCONCEPTION
4) I SOLEMNLY SWEAR

5) DEATHMARKS

6) THE BLACKOUT

7) IN DREAMS

8) INTO THE GROUND ft. Shane Told of Silverstein
9) SERPENT HERDERS

10) NOTHING BUT BLOOD

11) LORD OF BONES
ft. Ahren Stringer of The Amity Affliction
12) MY OWN PERSONAL HELL
02:55 PM on 05/29/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
Dig the guest spots. Enjoyed When We Don't Exist.
03:06 PM on 05/29/13
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Ahren Stringer...Okay ill check it out now.
03:07 PM on 05/29/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Goooooood.
03:23 PM on 05/29/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Couldn't get into their last, but ill give this a shot when it comes out. Definitely wanna hear the guests.
03:33 PM on 05/29/13
AquaMan
Constantly evolving...
User Info.
Never really dug these guys. Always seemed too generic to me. But, when I see the name Shane Told, my interests piques!! Haha, if anything, I want to hear THAT song
03:34 PM on 05/29/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
Very excited for this, I still jam WWDE
03:40 PM on 05/29/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Love the ASOIAF reference in a feast for crows. Fuck yeah Shane Told.
03:54 PM on 05/29/13
rushour144
User Info.
I was really into thei EP, but could not get into their 1st album...here's hoping!
03:56 PM on 05/29/13
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what the fuck is going on with that artwork? my eyes hurt... tracklisting got me pumped though.. hoping for a less generic delivery.. still waiting for him to bring out those cleans that were on the emarosa EP.. don't know what happened to those
03:58 PM on 05/29/13
ACA
Kevin Devine @ NYC 11/3
User Info.
"We are the band Like Moths to Flames. Jump you motherfucking motherfuckers, let's get a motherfucking jump session in this motherfucker! Fucking go!" -NYC, 2/26
03:59 PM on 05/29/13
PoisonedWithInk
Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is
User Info.
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!
04:08 PM on 05/29/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always really enjoy when scene bands release a lengthy, detailed description for their albums using words that peek a readers interest, making it seem like its gonna be something more than 12 breakdowns.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos