Username
Password
Third Eye Blind News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Third Eye Blind
Inside AP.net

3EB Sells Original Vinyl Pressings Of S/T, Blue

Posted by: Jack Appleby (05/30/13)
Third Eye Blind has unearthed extra promotional vinyl copies of the original pressings from self-titled and Blue. If $400 sounds reasonable to you, grab your copies via their BandPage - only three bundles left.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40.
12:24 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
I saw a sealed copy of s/t go for $260ish on eBay not long ago - so these prices are a little ridiculous.
12:29 PM on 05/30/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I'd pay $400 for the new record.

EDIT: Damn, there's already only 3 left, haha.
12:30 PM on 05/30/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Inflated prices are the result of fan hysteria and greedy collectors/flippers, bands shouldn't take part in that. Would have been much cooler if band posted some reasonably priced bundles and let fans drive up the price on eBay for themselves.
12:33 PM on 05/30/13
heyitskyle
Lover, the Lord Has Left Us
User Info.
I saw a sealed copy of s/t go for $260ish on eBay not long ago - so these prices are a little ridiculous.
It's $400 for the bundle. You can probably sell it for quite a bit more in a few years (if money is your objective). But, for a collector, this isn't that bad.
12:34 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Inflated prices are the result of fan hysteria and greedy collectors/flippers, bands shouldn't take part in that. Would have been much cooler if band posted some reasonably priced bundles and let fans drive up the price on eBay for themselves.
Like I said, I saw a sealed copy go for less than $300 - these are odd promo copies, with the code scratched off. VERY hard to price these.

You think they'd at least sign them or something.

Seems like a chance to have done something really cool, but money won out.
12:43 PM on 05/30/13
xHoodieWeather
User Info.
Like I said, I saw a sealed copy go for less than $300 - these are odd promo copies, with the code scratched off. VERY hard to price these.

You think they'd at least sign them or something.

Seems like a chance to have done something really cool, but money won out.

Exactly. Anything would have been better than what they did - charity auction, lottery for merch buyers/presale tickets, contests, or even just have one or two a night at a tour date and let fans spread the news creating hype.
12:47 PM on 05/30/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
flashback sequence: I have still have s/t on cassette. One of the first albums I bought myself. I remember screaming along to "can I graduate!?" in my Mom's conversion van(remember those? ha) in 7th grade.
01:13 PM on 05/30/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
Damn. $400

I love their S/T, probably the best album of the 90s but I don't have $400 to kill on one vinyl
01:21 PM on 05/30/13
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
What in the actual fuck is this?

I get secondary markets and people like Lazy Labrador Records asking for absurd amounts for sealed LPs like this, but this is legitimately coming form the band?
01:22 PM on 05/30/13
Hagysaurus Rex
User Info.
Exactly. Anything would have been better than what they did - charity auction, lottery for merch buyers/presale tickets, contests, or even just have one or two a night at a tour date and let fans spread the news creating hype.
I like everything you just said
01:25 PM on 05/30/13
Hagysaurus Rex
User Info.
Also: I have a friend that ordered this on vinyl way back in the day. He paid $8.00 directly to the label's webstore when they were running a sale. They messed up and sent him two. For 8.00. My how things have changed.
01:26 PM on 05/30/13
xHoodieWeather
User Info.
I like everything you just said

The idea of bands asking ridiculous amounts of money for a record because they know the demand for it is high is the shittiest thing in the world. I can see labels jacking up RSD prices for re-issues, but for a band to openly do something that screams "hey, while this was worth 10 bucks ten years ago, I'm gonna take advantage of a fan for finding it after the fact." This is why a lot of recent bands keep copies of variants to flip on ebay and things like that, which is totally not cool.
01:28 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
The idea of bands asking ridiculous amounts of money for a record because they know the demand for it is high is the shittiest thing in the world. I can see labels jacking up RSD prices for re-issues, but for a band to openly do something that screams "hey, while this was worth 10 bucks ten years ago, I'm gonna take advantage of a fan for finding it after the fact." This is why a lot of recent bands keep copies of variants to flip on ebay and things like that, which is totally not cool.
3EB is notorious for this, more so than any other band. Just another example of it.
01:30 PM on 05/30/13
Hagysaurus Rex
User Info.
.....and it's sold out

It looks like the band just made $2000.00 off of ten records in about an hour. They should just not come into work tomorrow. Knock off and take that three day weekend.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests