AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Introducing the AbsolutePunk.net Podcast: Max Bemis of Say Anything...

Posted by - 10:38 PM on 06/06/13
I've wanted an official AbsolutePunk.net podcast for a while. I love listening to podcasts, I love doing them (you may remember user anamericangod and I had a brief podcast run), but we just never had the time or resources to really commit to doing one on the site. That all changes today. I am extremely proud to introduce the first episode of the AbsolutePunk.net Podcast. We were fortunate enough to have Max Bemis of Say Anything to be our first guest and we recorded so much great stuff that we divided it up into three separate episodes, with the first one premiering today and the other two being released over the course of the next two weeks every Friday. We talked to Max about the band's recent All My Friends Are Enemies: Early Rarities release and the corresponding tour - each episode focusing on a specific disc, thus episode one covering disc one of the release (Baseball basically) and so on and so forth.

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways - via iTunes or your own RSS feed (instructions in the replies) - and you can also simply stream in in the replies or download it here. Also, this was our very first go at the podcasting thing, so please excuse any hiccups - we had a few minor Skype issues and will be working on improving call/sound quality as we go. We are also lining up some exciting guests for future episodes as well as planning episodes were Jason and I shoot the shit about recent music news and developments, staff profiles, etc. Basically we're going to have a lot of fun with this. If you have any suggestions as far as podcast topics or future guests, feel free to share those in the replies, as well as any other comments on the episode. In the meantime, grab a snack, a comfy chair, and check out episode one.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 74
10:38 PM on 06/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.
10:47 PM on 06/06/13
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
User Info.
Holy shit
10:48 PM on 06/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Cool idea. Might listen
10:50 PM on 06/06/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
excited to listen
10:52 PM on 06/06/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Listening now. Stoked.
10:57 PM on 06/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Can anamericanpsycho be on the show? I miss his Patrick Bateman voice
10:58 PM on 06/06/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I think we had one episode a year back, but the podcast never continued. I still have a few bumpers from TSSF, SYG, Cartel that I recorded. Glad to see it off the ground again.
11:18 PM on 06/06/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Couldn't get it to show up on the Podcast app so I'll have to wait and download it when I get home from work.
12:24 AM on 06/07/13
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
So glad this is finally a thing. I'll listen on my flight in a few hours.
01:21 AM on 06/07/13
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
It seems fitting to launch with bemis. Definitely interested in seeing how this podcast develops.
04:00 AM on 06/07/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Again, eh?
Stick with it this time. There's no way getting around that your first six months will be awful and embarrassing, but you might be able to make it a cool thing because podcasts are huge in your demographic! Good luck!

I personally don't like the punknews podcast, but at least they're sticking to it. 100+ epsiodes is work well done.
04:31 AM on 06/07/13
kkman99
emo is a gang
User Info.
Awesome. Will be checking this out. I love podcasts.
04:43 AM on 06/07/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Will listen out in the sun right now.
04:57 AM on 06/07/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
Badass! I've recently really gotten into podcasts and to have Bemis kick it off? SOLD.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos