Username
Password
UndertheGunReview News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UndertheGunReview
Inside AP.net

UTG Presents: Cartel Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (06/06/13)
You can read Under The Gun Review's recent interview with Will Pugh (Cartel) here.
Oh, absolutely. We’ve been talking around that idea for probably the last year or so. Like, “Are we going to do a Chroma tour now or are we going to wait until 10 years?” You know, this is the tenth year of Cartel. In October it will be ten years since we recorded The Ransom EP. So we thought “Well could we get away with just a ten year anniversary? We’d just play Chroma and a collection of other stuff. What are we going to do?” So we said, “screw it, we’ll just wait.” We’re close enough. It’ll definitely happen.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9.
01:44 PM on 06/06/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Band rules. Glad I could finally see them a few nights ago.
02:16 PM on 06/06/13
anbatal
User Info.
10 year chroma tour would make my life
02:20 PM on 06/06/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Of course they're gonna do a 10 year chroma tour. That album is massive for them and got them their fans in the first place.
02:56 PM on 06/06/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
I've yet to see Cartel and I can't wait till I do. Would be epic to see Chroma front to back. Especially Matter of Time. Favorite.
04:58 PM on 06/06/13
markymarkmac
User Info.
Please please please come to AZ
08:10 AM on 06/07/13
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good read. Always been a big fan of Cartel. I got to meet them briefly a few summers ago at a radio show they played in the area when "The Biggest Mistake" had some very brief radio success. All incredibly cool guys, especially Will. 10 year Chroma tour will be incredible. That record had a huge impact on me.
08:25 AM on 06/07/13
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Of course they're gonna do a 10 year chroma tour. That album is massive for them and got them their fans in the first place.
When I saw them on a few weeks ago on the NFG tour, the Chroma songs really seemed to be the only ones the crowd was active for. I'm sure that may be different in Cartel's hometown or something, but it was weird seeing the crowd be pretty motionless for any non-Chroma song.
11:17 AM on 06/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
When I saw them on a few weeks ago on the NFG tour, the Chroma songs really seemed to be the only ones the crowd was active for. I'm sure that may be different in Cartel's hometown or something, but it was weird seeing the crowd be pretty motionless for any non-Chroma song.

None of this surprises me and its kind of what I was alluding to about the band anyways hah
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests