AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: What Was Your First Warped?

Posted by: Drew Beringer (06/10/13)
PropertyOfZack recently discussion question chronicles some of their writers first Warped Tour experience, which you can read here. What year was your first Warped Tour?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
01:14 PM on 06/10/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
My first Warped Tour was in 2001. My dad took me because I wanted to see The Ataris, he wanted to see The Vandals, and we both wanted to see Me First & the Gimme Gimmes. It was an awesome day. That was the first I ever saw The Ataris, and I got to meet them and everything so I was super stoked. I got craaaazy sunburned, but I still had the time of my life.
01:19 PM on 06/10/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Mine was 06 and I barely remember it now.
01:20 PM on 06/10/13
LessThanKaitlin
User Info.
01:26 PM on 06/10/13
AMAAS
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea
User Info.
2002. I went to one date every year from 2002 through 2011 before not going last year. Every year I went was a lot of fun even the years when the heat was insane & the lack of good bands was dwindling. Always a great atmosphere at the very least.
01:27 PM on 06/10/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
2004. Saw Flogging Molly for the first and only time. Got to see a bunch of punk bands back when I was really, really into that. I met Justin sane of Anti-Flag and got him to sign the white T-shirt I wore but the rain came and washed the signature away. After that, I made it a tradition every summer to go and I went from 2004-2012. I contemplated continuing that tradition after I moved from Miami to New York but the lineup just isn't worth it for me this year. Still, my first Warped Tour was my favorite one.
01:28 PM on 06/10/13
tdrrecords
User Info.
7/14/99 in Chicago with Blink 182, Less Than Jake, Pennywise, and more!
01:33 PM on 06/10/13
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
2006. It was my first concert ever and I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I remember being very disappointed because my two favorite bands played at the same time (Rise Against, Silverstein). I ended up seeing Silverstein and got on the barricade. I ended up meeting the band and getting a T Shirt signed that is still hanging up on my wall. I saw Saves The Day, Saosin, Against Me!, and Armor For Sleep as well that day. I didn't know to bring sunscreen and ended up getting a really sun burn so we had to leave halfway through the day, but it is still one of my favorite concert experiences ever.
01:43 PM on 06/10/13
xmtdiablow
User Info.
2007. I remember seeing Chiodos, Killswitch, Hawthorne Heights, AILD, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Boys Like Girls, All Time Low, and Paramore
01:43 PM on 06/10/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
My first warped tour will be dec2013 when it comes back to Australia.
01:50 PM on 06/10/13
s2h72
User Info.
Warped Tour 2005 in Long Beach to see The Offspring
01:59 PM on 06/10/13
cobja94
User Info.
2008. I remember being super stoked about seeing ADTR, Four Year Strong, TDWP, etc...

I did find out about Every Time I Die that day though. That was a nice little treat.
02:02 PM on 06/10/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
2000? Whatever year had Weezer and Green Day.
02:15 PM on 06/10/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
2010. Saw Pierce the Veil, All-American Rejects, and The Cab, among others.
02:18 PM on 06/10/13
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
If you dont feel like watching it all, just watch from 2 minutes on. Video I found of the storm at the cleveland warped from 2007. That was my first warped experience. My friends ended up in Big D's tent and talked to the band during this whole thing. We also got to get into another warped tour free if you had youre ticket, so we went to Pittsburgh warped too. It was the best.

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests