AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fall Out Boy's Performance on "The Voice" [Video]

Posted by - 09:55 AM on 06/12/13
You can watch Fall Out Boy's performance of "My Songs Know What You Did in The Dark" from last night's episode of The Voice in the replies.

Submitted by Niko John

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
09:55 AM on 06/12/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
09:56 AM on 06/12/13
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

WHYYYYYYY UGHHHH SMFH
10:06 AM on 06/12/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Is that Paul Fifer on stage?
10:08 AM on 06/12/13
ARo2431
User Info.
Even know I'm sick of this song it was a decent performance. I like how Andy doesn't care about wearing a shirt on national television haha. Can't wait to see these guys at Riot Fest.
10:24 AM on 06/12/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Wish these guys would start pushing a different song
10:28 AM on 06/12/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Patrick does herp derp vocals
10:29 AM on 06/12/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Even though I'm sick of this song it was a decent performance. I like how Andy doesn't care about wearing a shirt on national television haha. Can't wait to see these guys at Riot Fest.

I've defended how often and for how long they've played this song for a while... but this was their first major TV performance in a long-ish time and I was really hoping they'd start playing a new single.

We're well into the throes of summertime - start playing "Young Volcanoes" now and high school kids will be crying to it on prom night and graduation day. This seems like such an obvious direction for the band/label to take, and I'm just confused about why they haven't capitalized on the anthemic nostalgia that song could create. Anyone have a good explanation?
10:39 AM on 06/12/13
tell that mick
@kissmeimlazy
User Info.
Is that Paul Fifer on stage?
How dare thee disrespect Michelle Chamuel that way

(Though I see the similarities )

I've defended how often and for how long they've played this song for a while... but this was their first major TV performance in a long-ish time and I was really hoping they'd start playing a new single.

We're well into the throes of summertime - start playing "Young Volcanoes" now and high school kids will be crying to it on prom night and graduation day. This seems like such an obvious direction for the band/label to take, and I'm just confused about why they haven't capitalized on the anthemic nostalgia that song could create. Anyone have a good explanation?

I had a conversation with my brother about exactly this. I get that "My Songs Know..." is still doing quite well, but this was a huge opportunity for them to debut a song that could be an even bigger hit to a HUGE audience. I was hoping they would bust out "Young Volcanoes," but was letdown. I just can't figure it out—just because you have one song that's still doing well on the charts doesn't mean you can't have two. I mean, Katy Perry basically had 4 songs in the top 40 at one point, and that worked out preeeeetty well for her.
10:45 AM on 06/12/13
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
I like Joe's new take on the chorus.
11:00 AM on 06/12/13
jpepe
User Info.

Yeah I'm confused on this as well. They have "Young Volcanos" and "Alone Together" which feel like Summer smash hits to me that they're failing to capitalize on at this point. The shelf life of this single is pretty much over this would've been the perfect platform to introduce a new one.
11:00 AM on 06/12/13
Nad
I'm not eating racist salad!
User Info.
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

WHYYYYYYY UGHHHH SMFH
same
11:02 AM on 06/12/13
Nad
I'm not eating racist salad!
User Info.
Yes, I'm tired of this song.
11:18 AM on 06/12/13
upthepunx
User Info.
oh man :/
11:22 AM on 06/12/13
kmonkey2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Was hoping the'd play a different song, but I really appreciated Patrick's excitement/happiness at the end toward Michelle.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos