AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UndertheGunReview News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UTG Editorial: Ending The Beef With Ronnie Radke

Posted by - 05:17 PM on 06/13/13
Under The Gun have posted a new editorial in which they put its beef with Falling In Reverse and Ronnie Radke to rest.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 107
05:25 PM on 06/13/13
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
"maybe you should stop before you get a defamation suit."

What's there to defame?

Good on UTG, I guess.
05:31 PM on 06/13/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
A novel approach.

I also checked out that Driver Friendly video they posted at the end of the article and I hope I like their other songs as much as I liked that one.
05:47 PM on 06/13/13
8SlicesOfPie
http://dwhb.bandcamp.com
User Info.
A novel approach.

I also checked out that Driver Friendly video they posted at the end of the article and I hope I like their other songs as much as I liked that one.
Driver Friendly is great. Just released an EP on Hopeless too, called "Peaks + Valleys."
05:52 PM on 06/13/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Driver Friendly is great. Just released an EP on Hopeless too, called "Peaks + Valleys."

Yeah I just searched about em on here. I'm definitely checking them out, they've had plenty of mentions on here, I guess they just slipped under my radar. I really really liked that song.
05:58 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay.

Why the hell are you listening to an album 4+ times, and counting, I'd you think it's garbage and hate it?

Here's the thing: if you don't like it, move on. Doesn't hurt you, doesn't effect you. Some of us enjoy FIR, and so what? These bands are damn big, and the AP.net community is barely a dent in that... When it comes down to it, people hating here and bitching about Ronnie doesnt make anything happen. Theyre going to sell a lot of albums regardless of the small group of people on here.

There's plenty of bands on this site people LOVE that I think are pretty bad too. So, I just keep moving. That's the beauty of music though, we can all like something different and it's alright. Why waste so much time hating something and letting it get to you so much when it doesn't harm you in any way?
06:18 PM on 06/13/13
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
Okay.

Why the hell are you listening to an album 4+ times, and counting, I'd you think it's garbage and hate it?

Here's the thing: if you don't like it, move on. Doesn't hurt you, doesn't effect you. Some of us enjoy FIR, and so what? These bands are damn big, and the AP.net community is barely a dent in that... When it comes down to it, people hating here and bitching about Ronnie doesnt make anything happen. Theyre going to sell a lot of albums regardless of the small group of people on here.

There's plenty of bands on this site people LOVE that I think are pretty bad too. So, I just keep moving. That's the beauty of music though, we can all like something different and it's alright. Why waste so much time hating something and letting it get to you so much when it doesn't harm you in any way?

aka the point of this editorial
06:20 PM on 06/13/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Okay.

Why do you do nothing but belittle this site but you're still always on it? 'AP.net's community is barely a dent', 'the kids of AP don't know how things work', 'you guys forget there's a real world out there' blah blah blah... I think you're one of the most condescending people I've ever come across.
06:21 PM on 06/13/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
aka the point of this editorial

And this.
06:23 PM on 06/13/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
[IMG][/IMG]

I now always think of this picture when AP talks shit about the same bands over and over but then sponsors that horrible music. The band sucks, but move on and just ignore them.
06:29 PM on 06/13/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Okay.

I'm assuming the writer listened to it in order to have an educated opinion on it.

You know, instead of complaining in every thread about how people should 'stop hating' while simultaneously bashing people for not being fond of every artist you like.
06:37 PM on 06/13/13
8SlicesOfPie
http://dwhb.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Okay.

It is a review site. So he was listening to it multiple times so he could write a review. And then wrote that editorial instead.
06:52 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why do you do nothing but belittle this site but you're still always on it? 'AP.net's community is barely a dent', 'the kids of AP don't know how things work', 'you guys forget there's a real world out there' blah blah blah... I think you're one of the most condescending people I've ever come across.

I mean, yeah, it is barely a dent, but that doesn't mean it's not a great place to keep up to date with everything in the scene. If they didn't, I would come here less. It's because they post things like this, or a new Brokencyde song, about BOTDF, etc along with everything else, it helps keep up to date. I do see a lot of people here who don't know what they're talking about; see the SWS threads people kept saying there's no way in hell they could sell nearly that many albums. That's a perfect example for the "real world out ther" too.

I don't care what you think, as long as its about me.
07:49 PM on 06/13/13
Kgod
I disagree!
User Info.
Its an interesting decision, and I respect it. But its also why ill continue to come to ap, and not bother much with utg. Ap introduced me to a lot of bands I like, even though as a whole this site seems to dislike, and I'm grateful for that. Id like to think the point is to open up people to this scene of music and show kids there's more out there then just pink and one direction. So does utg do their fans a disservice by only showing them the bands they like, when.music is such a broad and subjective to each individuals tastes? Thank goodness ap.doesn't only.talk about what's hot in pop punk and still gives fan service to the bands they do.not.personally enjoy. Because someone like me could fall in love with said band even if its for all the wrong reasons.

Ronnie is a degenerate asshole, but I still like his music. :/ so idk anymore.

Ps. Hate typing on a kindle.
08:07 PM on 06/13/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
I'm assuming the writer listened to it in order to have an educated opinion on it.

You know, instead of complaining in every thread about how people should 'stop hating' while simultaneously bashing people for not being fond of every artist you like.
You observation would be correct. This editorial started out as a FIR review days ago, then changed.

I generally do my best to listen to at least some of every new release anyways, if for nothing else than to stay somewhat informed beyond singles.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos