AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Saves the Day News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Saves the Day Release New Song and Tour Dates

Posted by - 07:35 AM on 06/17/13
Listen to a new Saves the Day song titled "Remember" here. The band will headline a fall tour with support from Into It. Over It. and Hostage Calm; dates are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 74
07:35 AM on 06/17/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

We're just gonna tell you everything at once because we're friends and we just have to let it out. WE'RE DOING A HEADLINE TOUR AND DENNIS WILSON IS OUR NEW DRUMMER AND ALSO BOOM HERE'S A SONG OFF THE NEW RECORD. Yup.

This is our first headline tour in who knows how many years. We've been waiting for this. You've been waiting for this. Well... wait no more (just till September - but presale is available NOW)! We're playing oldies, deep cuts, and lots of new jams from OUR NEW RECORD. You all have breathed a lot of life into this record, and we can't wait to be in these rooms with you, singing the old and new songs together. We're gonna lose our goddamn shit. You've seen some recent setlists making the rounds on the interweb - we're gonna go even deeper. We'll be joined by Into It. Over It. and Hostage Calm on all dates. We picked these bands because we like them and we like what they're about. Know about them. Go on and say hi, they're top blokes.

Speaking of Top Blokes, say hello to Dennis Wilson. You may have seen him play all of our 2013 shows with us so far. He's already been initiated into our little pirate gang, he hits the sound-cylinders with power, and he digs Quicksand, Led Zeppelin, Elliott Smith, and Superchunk. He fits right in. Maybe you've seen him drum for EVERY AVENUE or THIS IS HELL? We're keeping him now. Go on and welcome him into the family! @thedenniswilson.

Speaking of family, we're excited to see all of you - you guys became part of this album and we've leaked some snippets and nuggets over the course of us making this thing. Finally, here's a song we can share with you. It's called #REMEMBER. Turn it up. Share it. Hug your friends. Take a picture of a dog. Do the gorilla. See you on tour! #PUNKTHEFUCKOUT

XOXO
Arun, Chris, Rodrigo, and Dennis // Saves The Day

Pre-Sale is live now for just about all dates: http://bit.ly/11FFtiA
07:38 AM on 06/17/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Can't wait for them to make it over to Europe. Need to see them again.

Dig the new tune too.
07:41 AM on 06/17/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
oh fuck yes that's awesome
07:42 AM on 06/17/13
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
this tour is going to be awesome.
07:46 AM on 06/17/13
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Song sounds pretty awesome; the stream quality is super crappy, it's a shame because you can tell the production and instrumentation are great underneath the poopy stream quality.
07:49 AM on 06/17/13
thirtyfourdays
Brandon
User Info.
Song sounds pretty awesome; the stream quality is super crappy, it's a shame because you can tell the production and instrumentation are great underneath the poopy stream quality.
yeah i thought something weird was going on there. can't wait to hear the real deal.
07:51 AM on 06/17/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
I can't get this song to play or see it on soundcloud. Does anyone have a link to it?
07:51 AM on 06/17/13
ACA
Next Show: RiseAgainst/ToucheAmore
User Info.
Tough call:

Tiny MHOW (with Hostage Calm) or big Starland (with Geoff Rickly).
07:52 AM on 06/17/13
KingoftheOzon3
Just like jon bon jovi did.
User Info.
in atlanta on my birthday. hellz yeah
FigureItOut
Ignore that sinking feeling
User Info.
Holy shit. Holy shit. Saves the Day at The Social!
gsmartin
I'm very sure about this.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really love the song. For some reason it just really hits me. I'm excited to hear the rest of the record.
07:59 AM on 06/17/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
Tough call:

Tiny MHOW (with Hostage Calm) or big Starland (with Geoff Rickly).

Is hostage calm not on the starland date? I already have tickets for that show so I'm hoping they are
07:59 AM on 06/17/13
Jake Z
The Coma Kid
User Info.
Cannot wait. I'll be at Nashville date.
08:00 AM on 06/17/13
tyjvox
User Info.
I really really dig the sound they've settled on. This (and all the other clips from the new one) sound similar to Daybreak and I love it. Like a lot of people, my favorite STD album is SWYA, and this and Daybreak feel like the next logical step after that or In Reverie. STA was good music, but too angry, it just hit me at the wrong time.

Sorry. long winded...

Love the new stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests