Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AbsolutePunk.net Podcast - Episode 2.5

Posted by: Drew Beringer (06/17/13)
As much as you're enjoying our first few podcasts with Max Bemis -- Jason and I took some time out last Thursday to just shoot the shit and talk about the new Jimmy Eat World and Relient K albums, pre-leak Yeezus, and Apple's WWDC.

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways - you can subscribe via iTunes, you can add it on your own via the RSS feed (instructions in the replies), or you can simply stream it in the replies or download it here. You can find all the past episodes here. As always, feedback and thoughts are welcomed.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43.
09:56 AM on 06/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.
10:24 AM on 06/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This episode was also a test of using a different way to record the podcasts from our computers — I think the sound quality is far, far superior now. I’ve also cleaned up a few things on our Tumblr page that archives all of these so that now when they’re pulled into iTunes there’s a title and description and all of that. I’ve got to wait for iTunes to clear out the old feed before I can put the new one into their directory — I’ll post the links up when that goes live.

Take a listen and let me know what you think, I’ll write up a little more on how we improved the audio quality when I get some time.
10:28 AM on 06/17/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Much much better quality wise and on a general note, it's nice to hear a "general" podcast where you just chitchat releases etc. The specific and guest podcasts are great, but if you keep these up at the same time, it'd be even better and good for those who may not be as invested in particular guests/their careers.

Really cool listen.
11:04 AM on 06/17/13
tacosforcharles
it all ends
User Info.
This episode > the first two

Love the banter back and forth just talking about music, would love to have a lot more of this.
11:05 AM on 06/17/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
There's multiple episodes of the same show when I update the podcast in iTunes
11:08 AM on 06/17/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Definitely gonna have to check this out later. I'm really interested in hearing Jason's expanded thoughts on that RK album. (Drew's too, of course!)
11:12 AM on 06/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

Love the banter back and forth just talking about music, would love to have a lot more of this.
Glad you like! Definitely plan to do more of this in the future as well.
11:12 AM on 06/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
There's multiple episodes of the same show when I update the podcast in iTunes
I know. I had to clean out the feed this weekend so that I could add titles / descriptions. Going forward it should be all fixed and ready to go.

Posted on the tumblr page:
Sorry for having to edit the feed — you may get a duplicate download via the RSS subscription — but I figured doing it after two episodes was far better than after we had a couple dozen. I needed to do it so that we could get the title and descriptions showing up correctly on iTunes.

Going forward we will be posting the download version and a streamable version here on the Tumblr (as well as on our homepage) for those that aren’t subscribed through iTunes. Finally looks like we have got the kinks all ironed out for distribution!

Sorry about that. - Jason
11:47 AM on 06/17/13
FTank
I just want to sell out my funeral.
User Info.

Agreed, I really enjoy this
12:53 PM on 06/17/13
streetcar
User Info.
no marylin manson tho.. but def agree with the yeezus talk and about JEW's damage and futures.
01:02 PM on 06/17/13
Vince Early
Size The Day
User Info.
I would add a third commentator to mix it up a little bit more.
01:06 PM on 06/17/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Agree that these are better to listen to than the ones that are basically just an interview with an artist...there is a happy medium here though, where you can have a guest on the podcast to chit-chat just like you do here, then talk about whatever that guest is working on personally for just a short portion of the podcast, or perhaps several small portions that interlace the general chit-chat as topic changes tend to arise naturally in these sorts of discussions.
01:12 PM on 06/17/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
I would add a third commentator to mix it up a little bit more.

You hear this Jason? Podcast needs more Bear.
01:40 PM on 06/17/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
This was great. Ended kind of abruptly though haha, sound was way better though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS