Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: Say Anything Ticket Giveaway

Posted by: Drew Beringer (06/17/13)
Say Anything will be playing two shows at Irving Plaza in New York City this Thursday (June 20th) and Friday (June 21st). We're giving away a pair of tickets to each show. Details on how to win are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
10:32 AM on 06/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
DetailsTo win a pair of tickets to one of these shows, tell me your favorite Say Anything song of all time and why
10:53 AM on 06/17/13
jamesmguitar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mine is "A Walk through hell" because i would always listen to it when i when i was frustrated with bad experiences. It always made me feel better
10:55 AM on 06/17/13
airrwaves44
User Info.
Belt because that song just kicks your ass over and over
11:00 AM on 06/17/13
mikeboyce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Belt."

Expected? Sure.

Reason? I was lucky enough to see Say Anything years ago at a small venue in Long Island. They were the first band on in a bill stacked with Northstar, Hot Rod Circuit, and Straylight Run. Max was sick and was only able to stick around and sing one and a half songs. They opened with "Woe" and followed it up with "Belt." About halfway through, Max couldn't sing anymore, and all the other bands came out and sang for him. One of the most powerful moments I've ever been a part of at a show, punk or otherwise.
11:28 AM on 06/17/13
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
User Info.
Great Awakening

lyrically, sonically, I don't think Max has recorded anything that has as much power as that song. every word and sound is perfect
11:30 AM on 06/17/13
DLBogosian
Finch tech, UTG writer, @dlbogosian
User Info.
"Admit it!!!"

I hated punk rock and 'scene' music. I was elitist to it. The song knocked down the wall by Max being self aware of everything I had against it. It painted a picture of him (and myself) as a person I didn't like. I had to change.
And then the second half of the song displays Max as the person as I wanted to be. "I want to taste the breeze of every great city, my car and my guitar, my car and my guitar. So you've come to be made of these urges unfulfilled, oh no no no no. When I'm dead, I'll rest."
It's not a sad song and I cry every time.
11:36 AM on 06/17/13
hurricaneoflion
Music Photographer & Viking
User Info.
"Alive With the Glory of Love" for it has deep lyrical content and speaks to me as a dark and hauntingly beautiful love song. It is absolutely amazing when there is a song or lyric that tells a story and this song does just that while being poppy and catchy. Def one I will never forget.

It also contains one of my favorite lyrics of all time.

Should they kill me, your love will fill me, as warm as the bullets.

On a side note...best to all entering the contest.
11:44 AM on 06/17/13
absolution
User Info.
Pretty excited to see this show on Friday. Have zero interest of winning this contest as it will result in a hurricane or snowstorm cancelling it and the band never returning (I see you in the corner, Further Seems Forever)
11:50 AM on 06/17/13
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.
every man has a molly.

that song is the easiest to relate to for me. it's the quintessential pop punk breakup song. it was probably the only song i listened to after my first meaningful relationship went wrong, and it still makes me feel a little better when i fuck up with dudes because i feel way less alone.

edit: plus, it was the first and only song i ever had the balls to stage dive to because i was so stoked to hear it that i was overcome with energy and adrenaline. felt good, man. felt good.
12:01 PM on 06/17/13
ABSOLiat
User Info.
"Resounding"

There's a moment in time that's frozen in my memory. It was 2006, I was 18, studying abroad and experiencing a foreign country for a year. I had just met a self proclaimed punk boy and we bonded over Deja Entendu and Tell All your Friends. He spoke about Say Anything for a good 30 minutes without pausing to breathe. The thing is, I was already listening to Say Anything. But I had never heard anyone speak about Say Anything with such passion. So he shared their older albums and I fell in love with "Resounding." It was the first song that really made me love Say Anything. To this day, the memory is so clear to me, I can still remember exactly where I stood when I clicked "replay" and never stopped.

PS - due to religious observance, I am unable to attend a show on Friday nights.
12:18 PM on 06/17/13
matt.
matt
User Info.
"Woe"

In this song you really get into Max's mind. I also like the synth
12:35 PM on 06/17/13
pinoydragon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"About Falling"

This song hit too close for me. Perfect timing for what I was going through with a breakup of some sort. Just listening to ending of that song still gives me chills and sends me back to 2007. "Why won't you wait for me?"/"Why aren't you waiting for me?" was always haunting to me, but its what made it my favorite song. Also made special because I met Max before an acoustic show at my college and requested this, and he granted it. It was awesome!
12:44 PM on 06/17/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Little Girls because it's such a thrill, thrill, thrill to the world when I kill, kill, kill little girls.
12:54 PM on 06/17/13
weirderthanu210
Love me
User Info.
Admit It!!! Because of hipsters.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music