AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Say Anything News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Say Anything
Inside AP.net

Show Review: Say Anything “Rarities” Tour with Eisley,...

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (06/10/13)
Read our show review of the Dallas stop of the Say Anything "Rarities" Tour with Eisley, HRVRD, and Northern Faces here.
Whether you’re a fan of rare, old Say Anything cuts or just dig tracks from the self-titled and Anarchy records, this is the show for you. Having a little bit of everything – and more surprises – this has to be one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Northern Faces bring the gritty bluesy rock, HRVRD the theatrics, Eisley the intricate atmosphere, and Say Anything top it all off with their raw, punk-inspired nature. Clearly, Equal Vision Records continues to have one of the best lineups of any label today.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15.
07:58 AM on 06/10/13
Rosenbcm
User Info.
I'm going to this show at the Cincinnati date. I'm excited to see I The Mighty play as well. Does anyone know how easy it is to meet Max? Like does he hang out around the merch table or anything?
08:02 AM on 06/10/13
maeisbeautiful
User Info.
You must not know much about Max Bemis..
08:46 AM on 06/10/13
kennyrules
User Info.
I'm going to this show at the Cincinnati date. I'm excited to see I The Mighty play as well. Does anyone know how easy it is to meet Max? Like does he hang out around the merch table or anything?
This might be completely different from other people's experience but I've found Max to be one of the harder guys to meet after a show. If you do see him he's super friendly, though. He might not go to the merch table but it's worth waiting around outside the venue to try to meet him.

On a side note, I can't wait to hear Try to Remember, Forget live.
09:46 AM on 06/10/13
Rosenbcm
User Info.
This might be completely different from other people's experience but I've found Max to be one of the harder guys to meet after a show. If you do see him he's super friendly, though. He might not go to the merch table but it's worth waiting around outside the venue to try to meet him.

On a side note, I can't wait to hear Try to Remember, Forget live.
Thank you, sir. It'd be a huge deal to get to meet him. I'll try and wait around for him.
09:46 AM on 06/10/13
Rosenbcm
User Info.
You must not know much about Max Bemis..
I'm assuming this in response to me? But no, I don't know much about him in terms of finding him at shows.
10:29 AM on 06/10/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
how easy is it to meet eisley im going to the ct date
12:39 PM on 06/10/13
singregardless
Jared Holley Trolley Engineer
User Info.
how easy is it to meet eisley im going to the ct date
It's not easy, but not impossible. Seen them twice, met them all once. If you're willing to hang around 20-25 minutes after the show is done, you'll probably have a chance. With the bigger venues and several of them having infants, it will take patience.
01:25 PM on 06/10/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
It's not easy, but not impossible. Seen them twice, met them all once. If you're willing to hang around 20-25 minutes after the show is done, you'll probably have a chance. With the bigger venues and several of them having infants, it will take patience.
ok thanks for the info
03:03 PM on 06/10/13
Alison1488
____
User Info.
On the last Say Anything tour, I PAID to meet Max, and he seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but meeting fans, but when he performed, it was like I was watching a different man than the guy I met a mere hour earlier. I get it, he's socially awkward, but during a meet and greet, put down your phone and actually talk to the fans who put more money in your pocket to meet you. That said, I love the shit out of Max Bemis, but it kind of ruined him for me.

Other than that, the show is always amazing.
07:43 PM on 06/10/13
Rosenbcm
User Info.
On the last Say Anything tour, I PAID to meet Max, and he seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but meeting fans, but when he performed, it was like I was watching a different man than the guy I met a mere hour earlier. I get it, he's socially awkward, but during a meet and greet, put down your phone and actually talk to the fans who put more money in your pocket to meet you. That said, I love the shit out of Max Bemis, but it kind of ruined him for me.

Other than that, the show is always amazing.
I'm so sorry to hear that. That would've destroyed me if I were you. Maybe it's better if I don't meet him because if I were to meet him and he acted like that, it would kill me. I, myself, am bipolar and experienced a lot of things that Max did so he's definitely a hero to me and it would suck if he acted to me that way.
01:51 PM on 06/11/13
kennyrules
User Info.
I'm so sorry to hear that. That would've destroyed me if I were you. Maybe it's better if I don't meet him because if I were to meet him and he acted like that, it would kill me. I, myself, am bipolar and experienced a lot of things that Max did so he's definitely a hero to me and it would suck if he acted to me that way.
I would still try to meet him if I were you! The first time I met him I did get kind of a standoffish vibe, but the next time he remembered meeting me before and was really nice. I guess it all depends on the night. You don't know what he's been through that day/week/etc. If he is standoffish, I wouldn't take it personally.
05:51 PM on 06/11/13
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I am a HUGE Max Bemis fan, so this meet & greet was a dream come true. I realized I wouldn't be able to have an hour long conversation with him or anything like that, but it was so apparent he didn't want to be doing it. With his social anxieties, I don't understand why he would open himself up to a meet & greet situation in the first place. His band members were awesome, though, and made up for the disappointment he created, so for that, I am grateful the entire band wasn't a dud.

But, that's the price you pay. It's almost a better idea to not meet your idols, just in case they don't live up to the mythos you've created in your head. Sometimes, your perception is better than the real deal.
06:41 PM on 06/12/13
LittleBrother
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
^ Yeah I try not to expect too much in that way..I just appreciate them from afar.

I saw the Eisley setlist and it's rather blah, hopefully they'll be playing more songs off the new record soon.
02:59 PM on 06/20/13
Andy Hardin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw Say Anything last year in Fort Collins Colorado, and I waited probably around an hour after the show to meet Max. I didn't get to meet him but I met everyone else in the band. Max was already in the tour bus in a towel getting ready to take a shower, but Jeff the guitar player was nice enough to take my vinyls inside to get them signed by Max and he did it! It's definitely possible!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums