Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Ballyhoo! Tour Diary #2

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (06/20/13)
Ballyhoo! are still in the early weeks of their 40+ date co-headlining tour with Authority Zero that began May 31st. Today we have part two of our tour diary series with frontman Howi Spangler. We will continue posting these every other Thursday throughout the tour. Part two is in the replies; catch up on part one if you missed it.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
07:36 AM on 06/20/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2013, 6:24 AM
GoPro games were fun. Good crowd! Everyone was ready to rage. Now about to board our flight back to L.A. for an afternoon show in Irvine. Immediately followed by us getting the fuck out of there to sit in traffic and make it to our show at The Roxy in Hollywood on time.

SATURDAY, JUNE 8, 2013, 1:12 PM
Los Angeles was off the chain last night! The Roxy was swelling. We had a crazy couple of days between flying and no sleep. It was nice to see all those people raging when the curtain went up. Scott met Fletcher from Pennywise after the set and pretty much fan-girled for the rest of the night. Apparently, he said something like “You guys got the crowd going pretty good”, so that's pretty fucking awesome.
After about 6 hours of sleep, we are now on our way up to Bakersfield for Rockin Roots. It's going to hit 107 degrees right about when we hit the stage at 3:35pm. If I don't die from heat exhaustion, I'll let you know how it goes.

SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2013, 10:27 AM
Rockin Roots was no fun. Ugh. 107 degrees when we hit the stage. The lineup was just a complete mess, the wrong combo of bands. Emo-screamo-metal bands and some reggae. We couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there. We packed up and went to the hotel and jumped in the pool. Way more fun.
Sacramento today!

TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2013, 4:04 PM
Day off yesterday. Went to Mesa Boogie in Petaluma and had a tour of the factory. And they tuned up my amp! After the tour, they happened to mention that they were friends with the people at the Lagunitas Brewery right down the street and offered to have us take a tour there too. Naturally, we said yes and went to have some drinks. Good, high ABV beer for sure!
Now we're at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. The boys are doing a little frisbee golf. I am, of course, working. Editing video, recording demos.
Show at Bottom of the Hill tonight!

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2013, 11:33 AM
Woke up today to find hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars in charges at gas stations in Southern California today and yesterday. Mind you, we are driving through Oregon. We all have our bank cards. How could someone be doing this without a card in hand? I've never heard of giving the number to a sales associate or manually entering at the pump.

Anyway, this sucks.

A couple of the guys from Emily's Army hung out at the show last night. Was cool to see them. Make sure you check out their new album, “Lost at Seventeen,” it just came out yesterday.

THURSDAY, JUNE 13, 2013, 2:54 PM
Portland was good last night. Missed out on Voodoo Doughnuts AGAIN, so that's lame... Also found out that the check from our show at Rockin Roots fest on Saturday bounced. Hearing from some friends that also played that festival are having the same problem. What a fucking joke?! Start a band, kids!
Seattle tonight! Looking forward to seeing some of our friends from Warped Tour at the show.

MONDAY, JUNE 17, 2013, 11:02 PM
Well, Boise actually turned out alright. Salt Lake was a lot of fun too. We shot the Pineapple Grenade drink video there and people started ordering them. I had 3 myself!

Denver was amazing! I wish we had camera crew there. The Marquis was packed out and everyone was raging pretty hard. Authority Zero and Versus the World are great bands. This tour has a lot of energy and I love it.

Today we got to rest up and chill with The Dolaks! Good friends of ours that take great care of us. I found a picture on Instagram today. A sushi place in Modesto, CA is selling the Pineapple Grenade shot as the “Cocktail of the Week”. This thing is catching on quick!

Pool Party at Bristol Brewery tomorrow in CO Springs. Don't know how it's gonna turn out....hope its fun though. Then a show at Black Sheep....
09:03 AM on 06/20/13
deathcabforamy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love them!
09:32 AM on 06/20/13
emilyheffner
bb
User Info.
their album comes out soon! So excited for this release! Love the updates
10:41 AM on 06/20/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Neat! I randomly found a Ballyhoo! song on one of my Slacker Radio stations and I loved it, I didn't know the site had this feature going on.
12:19 PM on 06/20/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
Its weird how big they are now, they used to play college bars around my school.
01:25 PM on 06/20/13
astereo
east coast
User Info.
06:53 AM on 06/21/13
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
Howi has a heart of gold, a truly nice man. Unfortunatly they just had to cancel 4 show dates to return home for a family emergency, sad and terrible timing as well. They've worked incredibly hard for all they have.

Hopefully absolutepunk.net will post my review of their new album soon...
07:00 AM on 06/21/13
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
Neat! I randomly found a Ballyhoo! song on one of my Slacker Radio stations and I loved it, I didn't know the site had this feature going on.

get their album "Cheers!" it's just awesome. Their new one that drops on Tuesday is also really damn good. They're just fun.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests