AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Road Runner Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Members of Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Darkest Hour Form New Band

Posted by - 08:47 AM on 06/21/13
Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison has started a new project called Scar the Martyr with Chris Vrenna (ex-Nine Inch Nails), Jed Simon (ex-Strapping Young Lad) and Kris Norris (ex-Darkest Hour). Their debut album was produced by Rhys Fulber and will be released in the fall via Roadrunner Records. Details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
08:47 AM on 06/21/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Slipknot member Joey Jordison has unveiled details of his new project, Scar The Martyr. Recorded at Sound Farm Studios in Des Moines, IA, Scar The Martyr's as-yet-untitled debut album, was produced by Rhys Fulber whose production and mixing credits include Fear Factory, Rob Zombie, Mindless Self Indulgence, Front Line Assembly and more. The album is slated to arrive later this fall via Roadrunner Records.

Recognized globally as one of the best drummers in rock, Jordison is both a primary songwriter and the drummer for the Grammy Award winning Slipknot. The Scar The Martyr recording sessions saw him behind the drum kit, while also playing bass on all songs, and rhythm guitar on all but two songs. The album was written by Joey and lead vocalist Henry Derek, and joining them in the studio were keyboardist Chris Vrenna (Nine Inch Nails), as well as guitarists Jed Simon (Strapping Young Lad) and Kris Norris (Darkest Hour) who collectively handled all lead guitars on the album.

Scar The Martyr sees Jordison treading in new sonic territory and expanding upon his already remarkable abilities as songwriter and performer. A searing rock record that draws elements from post-punk and industrial music to create an immersive and modern attack, Scar The Martyr creates a menacing and enveloping palette of surging synthesizers layered under heavy guitars and Jordison's trademark precision drumming.

"With this project, I focused my efforts on writing for the better of the song,” says Jordison. “I wasn't worried about flash or persona... It's all about writing a good solid song. I'm writing music that people can grasp and hold on to...something that resonates. If you don't have that, then you have nothing."

The career of Joey Jordison is one that, by any measure, stands among the most creative, and impressive in the history of modern American rock and metal. It is a career that really has been many careers – musician, songwriter, and producer – from small town beginnings to global stardom. Jordison’s journey has included an extraordinary string of hits, 11 platinum and 40 gold records, and a Grammy Award with Slipknot as well as numerous industry accolades for his top tier musicianship and, above all, an immeasurable influence on countless fellow artists and passionate fans around the world.
08:48 AM on 06/21/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Solid line-up. Interested to hear it.
08:55 AM on 06/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
I'm in. I'm almost positive this will be better than Murderdolls.
08:59 AM on 06/21/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Very interesting.
09:00 AM on 06/21/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
name makes it sound like a 13 year old metalheads first band
09:08 AM on 06/21/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I'm in. I'm almost positive this will be better than Murderdolls.
haha I loved them back in the day.
09:11 AM on 06/21/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Solid line-up but (long quote): "A searing rock record that draws elements from post-punk and industrial music to create an immersive and modern attack, Scar The Martyr creates a menacing and enveloping palette of surging synthesizers layered under heavy guitars and Jordison's trademark precision drumming."

Doesn't really tell me what it's going to sound like.

But I'll definitely give anything with all those guys attached a listen.
09:33 AM on 06/21/13
loveisamixtape
Observer
User Info.
yaaay another verb the noun band
09:53 AM on 06/21/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
woah. Definitely interested in hearing this
10:47 AM on 06/21/13
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
interesting. Really liked Kris Norris in Darkest Hour
11:04 AM on 06/21/13
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
Joey is a great drummer, and since Slipknot probably won't release anything anytime soon I'm down.
12:05 PM on 06/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
haha I loved them back in the day.
They just sounded like a bad Rob Zombie knock off. Wednesday and Joey are great but that project was pretty bleh haha.
02:21 PM on 06/21/13
Uncalled Four
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yaaay another verb the noun band
beat me to it
04:19 PM on 06/21/13
indecipherable
indecipherable
User Info.
name makes it sound like a 13 year old metalheads first band
i came up with the exact band name when i was like 14 and wanted to start a metalcore band not even kidding.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos