User Info.
Buncha dorks in here

Albums a 7.753333333333333.../10
merrrrr 7.5333, repeating obviously. merrrrr
06:45 AM on 06/24/13
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
User Info.
also, solid review, agreed with the stuff about On Sight and yea the choir is actually a red done up version of the sample he wanted to use but couldnt track down the symphony director (or so i read).

and i think "holy my liquor" is about his old fiance (alexis?), the one 808''s is about. theres a line in there something like , "5 years we been over"
06:54 AM on 06/24/13
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
This record would be scored a 100% if Kanye was the person who introduced you to hip hop. I whole heartedly disagree with the score of the record, the 'importance' through line in the review. This is not a record that you love when you first hear it, nor was it written to be. I have been supportive of Kanye, I enjoy his music, but I do not think this record is deserving of the pedastal that's it's been placed on by the staff of this site.
07:06 AM on 06/24/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
tooo many 100%ers

I'll only be okay with this if we go back in time and change Gastby's Volcano and Thrice's Vheissu to 100%
07:06 AM on 06/24/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
We need more bingo cards in review threads.
07:07 AM on 06/24/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
This record would be scored a 100% if Kanye was the person who introduced you to hip hop. I whole heartedly disagree with the score of the record, the 'importance' through line in the review. This is not a record that you love when you first hear it, nor was it written to be. I have been supportive of Kanye, I enjoy his music, but I do not think this record is deserving of the pedastal that's it's been placed on by the staff of this site.
this is a fair assessment
07:07 AM on 06/24/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
We need more bingo cards in review threads.
hahaha YES
07:08 AM on 06/24/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
tooo many 100%ers

I'll only be okay with this if we go back in time and change Gastby's Volcano and Thrice's Vheissu to 100%
This is way better than both of those though. js.
07:10 AM on 06/24/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
thats why im ready for some BINGOOOOOO
your bingo card is the funniest thing I think I've ever seen on this site...including many fantastic GIFs and MEMEs
07:11 AM on 06/24/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
I don't normally listen to rap (because of Kanye's ego, too much autotone, and Chief Keef sucks), but North West should be in The Wonder Years.

the score of this review (too high) > MBDTF > Yeezus > Daisy

Good review, by the way. Interesting read.
winner winner
07:14 AM on 06/24/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
also, solid review, agreed with the stuff about On Sight and yea the choir is actually a red done up version of the sample he wanted to use but couldnt track down the symphony director (or so i read).

and i think "holy my liquor" is about his old fiance (alexis?), the one 808''s is about. theres a line in there something like , "5 years we been over"
pretty sure Hold My Liquor and Blood on the Leaves contain references about her.
07:14 AM on 06/24/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
This is way better than both of those though. js.
I realize that Vheissu is really just a cult favorite, in fact I personally believe Illusion, Beggars, and M/M are all better than Vheissu

HOWEVER
I'm not sure if I've ever heard a record in my whole life much better than Gatsbys Volcano

Edit: PS. This is also coming from someone who hated Volcano when I first heard it. However, in terms of Yeezus, I'm not a big fan of rap in general (and I find myself not being quite the proper judge of it), but I've had trouble getting into Kan since Graduation.
07:23 AM on 06/24/13
doublethefnrock
User Info.
How'd much $$ did you get for posting that score? hahahaha
07:25 AM on 06/24/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
lol nice review, nice bingo card.
07:31 AM on 06/24/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Yeezus Christ that's a pretty face, the one you'd find on someone I could save.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums