Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 76.
11:33 AM on 06/25/13
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Messengers and Constellations have always simultaneously represented the peak of this band's capabilities for me: Messengers because it's so immediately punishing throughout and Constellations because of its boundary-pushing. Leveler didn't strike me as pushing either of those aspects any farther, hopefully this record does both.
12:26 PM on 06/25/13
Sensez Fail
User Info.
Great Review. What does everyone think the strongest song off this record is?
Beauty in Tragedy easily IMO
12:26 PM on 06/25/13
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
This site really needs to get rid of the hand holding percentage system. The reviews are fine without it.

Anyway, Leveler and Constellations were solid records. No way Im missing this.
12:34 PM on 06/25/13
A Head
User Info.
I thought this album was good, but I felt like it was their weakest release yet. Maybe I need to listen to it more, but it didn't grab me like Constellations or Messengers... or any of their other albums really.
The same. I couldn't get into their last album, to be fair I haven't listened to this one yet.
12:38 PM on 06/25/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
The same. I couldn't get into their last album, to be fair I haven't listened to this one yet.
I enjoyed Leveler quite a bit... I dunno. I'd say listen to this album and see what you think. They're definitely a good band, one of the best in the genre, but I'm not so sure that this is their best record.
01:18 PM on 06/25/13
deadjean
Tie Me Up! Untie Me!
User Info.
I can't believe how down so many people are on leveler... I thought that album was pretty awesome.
01:32 PM on 06/25/13
foreverinour
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its ok for me. thrill seeker being my fav album. theyre musically talented. ill give it more listens to see if it grows on me
01:42 PM on 06/25/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
1. Messengers
2. Constellations
3. Thrill Seeker
4. Rescue and Restore
5. Leveler

This album is better than Leveler (thank god) but I wouldn't call it their best work. Not by a long shot. It's grown on me now that I've listened to it a few times, but there's no way it could stand up to Constellations or Messengers.
01:42 PM on 06/25/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Messengers and Constellations have always simultaneously represented the peak of this band's capabilities for me: Messengers because it's so immediately punishing throughout and Constellations because of its boundary-pushing. Leveler didn't strike me as pushing either of those aspects any farther, hopefully this record does both.
THIS.
02:11 PM on 06/25/13
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
I liked leveler but i thought constellations was kinda boring. Ill probs give this a listen
02:18 PM on 06/25/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Leveler is still the band's best album but I dig this one too.
02:24 PM on 06/25/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
august burns red>kanye west 100%
02:48 PM on 06/25/13
henrique182
La Amoureux me defont
User Info.
Absolutely loving this album. Also nice job with the Attila reference, it's always kinda weird seeing two albums of the same "genre" going out at the same day, but with such different messages.
03:32 PM on 06/25/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Leveler is still the band's best album but I dig this one too.
No chance man. Leveler was just them shooting for this album and missing. They kept trying to inject slow, melodic parts into the songs on Leveler and they just didn't flow. These songs flow with the melodic and heavy parts together, rather than just stopping altogether and forcing a part of the song that didn't need to be there.

I don't know, just my opinion.
03:43 PM on 06/25/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Good review. (I admit I reeled a bit when I saw 100, but I get your point now and thankfully it seems like nobody else is jumping down your throat for it.) Can't wait to hear this... my guess is it'll rank third for me (after Constellations and Messengers, first and second).
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums