AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Stream Pretty Lights' New Album, "A Color Map of...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/26/13)
You can stream Pretty Lights' new album, A Color Map of the Sun, here. The album will be officially released next Tuesday for free.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
06:13 PM on 06/26/13
Polaris
User Info.
So far, so good. He was so amazing at bonnaroo last friday... played from 1:30am 'til like 5:45 in the morning.

It was by far the best dj set i've ever seen.
06:37 PM on 06/26/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
This album is phenomenal.
07:03 PM on 06/26/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
i always download his albums cuz they are free, but I've never fully listened to one.
07:14 PM on 06/26/13
DeadCityScars
Pit Boss
User Info.
i always download his albums cuz they are free, but I've never fully listened to one.
oh wow....well...... kudos..

This happens to be the first album that I've listened to by Pretty Lights. And it's grrrrrreat! I'm slowly going back through his site and checking out some of his older singles. The Radiohead + Nirvana + NIN song is quite brilliant.
07:17 PM on 06/26/13
osubuckeye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So far, so good. He was so amazing at bonnaroo last friday... played from 1:30am 'til like 5:45 in the morning.

It was by far the best dj set i've ever seen.

I was at that show also, shit changed my life.. by the way this album is incredible. I'm glad AP is starting to cover EDM more, it's not all talentless garbage like Avicii, Pretty Lights is an insanely talented dude who draws inspiration from tons of different genres.
07:44 PM on 06/26/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
I was at that show also, shit changed my life.. by the way this album is incredible. I'm glad AP is starting to cover EDM more, it's not all talentless garbage like Avicii, Pretty Lights is an insanely talented dude who draws inspiration from tons of different genres.
bro, have you even HEARD Levels?
09:04 PM on 06/26/13
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
best post
09:11 PM on 06/26/13
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
Are you a white girl up in the club?
09:24 PM on 06/26/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Are you a white girl up in the club?
only on the weekends
12:22 AM on 06/27/13
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree but I do also like Avicii.
05:42 AM on 06/27/13
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
I'm geniunely interested but how does a DJ set change your life? Or is this just an expression? I've seen some pretty amazing concerts but my life course was never changed due to one.
07:27 AM on 06/27/13
The Gryphonator
User Info.
He definitely delivered. If you haven't watched the documentary yet, you should. It's cool, smart, hilarious... and Derek is just high the whole time hahahaha
09:04 AM on 06/27/13
M.C COB
No one touches the Shaqtus
User Info.
Glad to see this is getting coverage. PL is amazing.
10:35 AM on 06/27/13
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
I've listened through this album twice now, and although there's some great tracks on it, overall it feels a little lackluster to me. I had really high hopes for the album, but it just doesn't seem to quite reach what I was hoping for. A lot of the tracks sounds similar in style to the others, so maybe more variety is what I was looking for. Still haven't seen him live yet, but hopefully I can do that soon, as I've only heard good things about the live show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests