Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 53
08:00 PM on 06/27/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
They have eight people in their band? Jesus.
08:08 PM on 06/27/13
PulmonaryArchry
User Info.
They actually have ten people on the album.
08:26 PM on 06/27/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
excellent stuff, getting sodas is like soty material.

I don't see why people complain about the vocal so much, I find that they add to the charm and work well in the style.
08:29 PM on 06/27/13
Ryan Dennehy
people who dont like the vocals so much that they cant enjoy the band kind of confuse me
08:36 PM on 06/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
people who dont like the vocals so much that they cant enjoy the band kind of confuse me
Why? Vocals are a huge part of a band and when they annoy you it detracts from everything else. Vocals are usually what makes or breaks a band for me.
08:38 PM on 06/27/13
Ryan Dennehy
Why? Vocals are a huge part of a band and when they annoy you it detracts from everything else. Vocals are usually what makes or breaks a band for me.
I just don't find them offensive at all, I think it's extremely well-suited to the music and it is similar to some very hallowed vocalists (Isaac Brock) so I dunno it just kind of throws me off.
08:43 PM on 06/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I just don't find them offensive at all, I think it's extremely well-suited to the music and it is similar to some very hallowed vocalists (Isaac Brock) so I dunno it just kind of throws me off.
Not everyone finds the same vocalists annoying, I haven't been able to get into Modest Mouse because of the vocals either tbh.
08:48 PM on 06/27/13
Ryan Dennehy
Not everyone finds the same vocalists annoying, I haven't been able to get into Modest Mouse because of the vocals either tbh.
yeah i dont mean to like project my preferences onto you/anyone else, it's just like, idk, i think it might be a grower. i encourage you to listen to the earlier stuff if you havent to try to let it grow
08:50 PM on 06/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
yeah i dont mean to like project my preferences onto you/anyone else, it's just like, idk, i think it might be a grower. i encourage you to listen to the earlier stuff if you havent to try to let it grow
I do plan on giving this more time considering how much I like everything else so maybe it will grow on me. That's the way it happened with Bon Iver luckily, haha.
08:52 PM on 06/27/13
Ryan Dennehy
I do plan on giving this more time considering how much I like everything else so maybe it will grow on me. That's the way it happened with Bon Iver luckily, haha.
good, i've just been over the moon about this band for so long i forget other people don't have thta haha. the earliest stuff might be more for you and might make you a bit more into the later things if you go in order. "victim kin seek suit" is among their best
08:54 PM on 06/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
good, i've just been over the moon about this band for so long i forget other people don't have thta haha. the earliest stuff might be more for you and might make you a bit more into the later things if you go in order. "victim kin seek suit" is among their best
I'll be sure to check it out.
08:57 PM on 06/27/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This is the sort of album I could put on and do about a 35 min drive and really not remember driving at all if I was on a familiar road. Its so atmospheric yet raw it feels like you are on your own little journey when listening. Maybe I am reading to deeply into it but all the melodies and tones make for an album best listened to as a whole with either good headphones or alone in a car. I mean I can pick a favorite. "Getting Sodas" is one of the best songs I have heard in some time.

An amazing debut album and I honestly don't remember what lured me to purchase it as I don't remember checking the band out before it but very glad I did. First listen I did of the album was over my laptop speakers and it was alright but the right environment makes this album a gem that would not of felt out of place in a playlist with Appleseed Cast, Jimmy Eat World's Clarity, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Brand New.
11:10 PM on 06/27/13
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
They have eight people in their band? Jesus.
the slipknot of emo
12:28 AM on 06/28/13
quitthecarnival
the lights above the arby's
User Info.
I'm just going to be what feels like the 900th person saying Getting Sodas is such a beautiful awesome song. That song, and the album in general is very rainy, late night drive home.
08:12 AM on 06/28/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
after spinning this again yesterday it finally really clicked with me.... can't stop spinning it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos