AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Divided By Friday Posts Japanese Tour Video With New...

Posted by: Christian Wagner (07/02/13)
Watch Divided By Friday's Japanese tour video which contains clips of new music from the band.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
07:23 PM on 07/02/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
07:25 PM on 07/02/13
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band is so underestimated and underrated
07:26 PM on 07/02/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band will be gigantic. New music is so next level.
07:29 PM on 07/02/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Heard that.
07:59 PM on 07/02/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've definitely convinced myself this will be what I wanted the new FOB album to be since the last acoustic song was released. I really hope its awesome.
08:04 PM on 07/02/13
Quijiba
User Info.
thats what I like to hear
08:53 PM on 07/02/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Just want new music soon. This band can do no wrong.
09:19 PM on 07/02/13
DarthMaul
User Info.
If I could tour anywhere it would be Japan.

If I could live anywhere it would be Japan.
09:20 PM on 07/02/13
DarthMaul
User Info.
It will be about time.
08:53 AM on 07/03/13
Nemoch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love this band! Stoked for new music.
09:01 AM on 07/03/13
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
Is there a release date for their album yet?
01:29 PM on 07/03/13
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
When I played with these dudes they seemed super judgmental for a band thats just an amalgamation of other successful pop rock acts. Saw them mocking one of the other locals who played before my band(I get it, shitty local bands, w/e. But show some respect, no one in our state has ANY idea who you are so you're playing to OUR fans) and just generally got a shitty vibe from them. I've been noticing a trend in easycore bands, for a genre based on good times and being posi, most of the dudes are complete douchers. We try to be respectful to every band we play with and make friends but fuck man, easy core kids are the biggest shit talkers.
02:51 PM on 07/03/13
mattdbf
Divided by Friday
User Info.
When I played with these dudes they seemed super judgmental for a band thats just an amalgamation of other successful pop rock acts. Saw them mocking one of the other locals who played before my band(I get it, shitty local bands, w/e. But show some respect, no one in our state has ANY idea who you are so you're playing to OUR fans) and just generally got a shitty vibe from them. I've been noticing a trend in easycore bands, for a genre based on good times and being posi, most of the dudes are complete douchers. We try to be respectful to every band we play with and make friends but fuck man, easy core kids are the biggest shit talkers.
ah dang! i wish your judgment was based on an actual conversation with one of us instead. i'm sorry if we were joking around, we're a very sarcastic band.

but i have to say your last sentence isnt true. You obviously didn't try to make friends with me (otherwise your comment would've been based on fact and not observation). If anything it seems like you're talking shit, right?

also, what is easycore? and who keeps inventing these new names for genres?

for what its worth I don't disagree that we sounded like an amalgamation of other successful pop rock acts?
05:46 PM on 07/03/13
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
ah dang! i wish your judgment was based on an actual conversation with one of us instead. i'm sorry if we were joking around, we're a very sarcastic band.

but i have to say your last sentence isnt true. You obviously didn't try to make friends with me (otherwise your comment would've been based on fact and not observation). If anything it seems like you're talking shit, right?

also, what is easycore? and who keeps inventing these new names for genres?

for what its worth I don't disagree that we sounded like an amalgamation of other successful pop rock acts?
I don't recall really talking shit at all in my post, I remember citing that I got a weird vibe from you guys, and than commented on how easy core kids in this area act. And I definitely wasn't saying the successful pop rock acts in a negative way, you guys are solid at your sound. To be compared to fall out boy and panic at the disco is good criticism, they're both bands I respect greatly. I admit I didn't talk to anyone in your band, and thats why I just said I got a weird vibe from you dudes. I talked to a couple guys from with the punches and Nick from far from proper(who are super cool and we're playing with again at the end of the month) and those guys were all really nice dudes.

But easycore is the generic name for most of the more feel goody bands in pop punk. There used to be a whole website dedicated to bands of the genre(that added more bands to their repertoire and than changed their name to more than sound) I enjoy a lot of the bands in the "genre" but I've seen a lot of really shitty dudes come out of it when we've been nothing but respectful to them when lines in their song are counter to the way they present themselves. Much like the straightedge bros that promote respect and friendship but hit kids they don't know...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests