AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: Real Friends/Stickup Kid Ticket...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/03/13)
So Real Friends is heading out on the road with Stickup Kid and Candy Hearts this weekend and we want to giveaway one pair of tickets because we like you guys. So check the details on how to win in the replies. Good luck.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:38 AM on 07/03/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Contest RulesTo win a pair of tickets to a Real Friends/Stickup Kid/Candy Hearts show, tell me why you think these young bands have a bright future in the pop-punk genre. I'll choose a winner by the end of the day. Good luck!

7.7 Howell, MI - Howell Opera House
7.8 Cleveland, OH - Mahalls
7.9 Pittsburgh, PA - Smiling Moose
7.10 Buffalo, NY - The Waiting Room
7.11 Pughkeepsie, NY - The Loft
7.12 Boston, MA - The Democracy Center
7.13 Hartford, CT - Webster Underground
7.14 Long Island, NY - Glen Cove Moose Lodge
7.15 New York, NY - Tammany Hall
7.16 Stanhope, NJ - Stanhope House
7.17 Philadelphia, PA - The Barbary
7.18 Baltimore, MD - Charm City Art Space
7.19 Richmond, VA - Strange Matter
7.20 Greensboro, NC - SOS Fest
7.21 Columbia, SC - One Unit Art Space
7.23 Jacksonville, FL - Phoenix Taproom
7.24 Pembroke Pines, FL - The Talent Farm
7.25 Orlando, FL - Wills Pub
7.26 Atlanta, GA - Wonderfoot
7.27 Eolia, KY - Letcher County Tourism Center
7.28 Cincinnati, OH - Fograty
11:42 AM on 07/03/13
bigcoaster95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All of these bands all have their own sound and identity that will push them to the forefront. Whether it be the brutally honest Real Friends lyrics that hit way too close to home, or Candy Hearts making you feel sad and happy at the same time, these bands show qualities that will rocket them to the top.
11:56 AM on 07/03/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
All of these bands have been making more than waves for the genre. Real Friends blew up, selling out preorders like crazy and garnering crowds without a label. They've definitely worked hard to get where they're at, and they get a bit of criticism for their sound, but the fact is that they're so effective at gaining fans means they're doing things right. Similarly, Candy Hearts are carving out sections of the scene for themselves. They're constantly touring and really give 100% with their performances; I first saw them on tour with Pentimento and had a ton of fun and definitely see them blowing up. Honestly haven't heard of Stickup Kid, but I've seen posts here that indicate they have a great future because A) they get posted about and B) are on tour with two of the best up-and-coming pop punk groups. Can't wait to check them out.
11:59 AM on 07/03/13
mikeyg003
@mikegiannotti95
User Info.
From the very first Real Friends EP, people knew they were something special. They're talented, they're relatable, they have their own slogan of sorts, and they've picked up steam faster than any band I've seen in a while. Candy Hearts are in the same boat as Real Friends as far as being relatable, but they have the pop sensibility that you could easily hear on the radio. Stickup Kid I don't know much about, but if they're touring with these two bands, you know that they have a bright future ahead of them.
12:07 PM on 07/03/13
pauljgreco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stickup Kid is a band that has taken influences from many bands and have created a sound that is one that feels so different yet ever-so familar. Candy Hearts is a band that with their music and their lyrics can make you feel a million different emotions at the same time. Real Friends are, no pun intended, the realest dudes out there. Whether their lyrics or the stories that they tell on and off the stage, these guys have been so true to themselves and are not stopping for anyone. They will not back down for what they believe in. They will continue to tell their story no matter what people think of them. This is why all three of these bands will have such a bright future in this genre.
12:32 PM on 07/03/13
AbsentTruth
we will overcome
User Info.
Real Friends - Put Yourself Back Together is how I start my day pretty much every day since it came out. This band has become the soundtrack of my life in the last month. Gimme tickets. I need to see them in Philly. :)
01:10 PM on 07/03/13
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
Playing with them in Orlando, but Real Friends are sweet
01:55 PM on 07/03/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Because.
02:08 PM on 07/03/13
gurby
the kids can't lose
User Info.
All three of these bands are up and comers that people should be paying attention to. Love them or hate them, Real Friends have pulled together a following that can't be denied. Personally, I really enjoy them and how relatable their songs are. I saw them last summer and am excited to see what sort of crowd they'll be drawing this time around. Candy Hearts are a band that I've seen a couple times this year already, touring with Penitmento and at Stay Sweet Fest. While they aren't exactly my cup of tea, they are definitely one of the catchiest bands out there right now and I can't help but sing along to "you're a bad ideaaaaa and I know it!" Stickup Kid is a band that in a world full of pop-punk still manages to bring something new to the game. I've been wanting to catch them live for a while, and am excited that they're making their way to the east coast this summer.
02:09 AM on 07/05/13
nonohjohn
jmh // hth
User Info.
Not posting for the contest, just want to say Stickup Kid's new record is nothing short of phenomenal, they're all super tight musicians and their live show is one of the most energetic I've ever seen from any band in the genre. Proud to be their friends and hope to see them continue to do huge things and make themselves a household name, they truly deserve it more than any other current band I can think of.
06:48 PM on 07/05/13
mfOtHeeeezay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Might be a little late but I'll give it a shot anyway.

The only band I can speak on in this group is Real Friends. These guys definitely have a bright future in poppunk. They bringing a unique brand of sound to the table that I haven't heard from any other band. I'm having a lot of trouble putting my impression of their sound in to words. It's a rawness. Every instrument seems to be in sync with the overall emotions and rawness of the vocals and lyrics. As soon as I started listening to them I knew they'd be big in my book. I see them rising quickly into everybody's radar.

I'll definitely be going to the show either way. I was really disappointed that they were leaving Warped Tour before my date but this show will be even cooler.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests