Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Mouth Of The South Album Stream

Posted by: Christian Wagner (07/02/13)
Arlington, TX's Mouth Of The South is releasing their new album Transparency and we've got the first full listen for you guys. Although by definition a Christian metalcore band, don't let that deter you from giving this a listen. The band packs a serious punch and has a bright future ahead of them. Listen to Transparency in the replies and you can buy it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
06:49 AM on 07/02/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
07:46 AM on 07/02/13
cdwlldr7
User Info.
Bow dow dur-de dur-de dur.

Bow dow dur-de dur-de durrrrrrr.
07:54 AM on 07/02/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
07:59 AM on 07/02/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This band is just as bad as you think it is. wish there were better locals in the DFW.
09:16 AM on 07/02/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I applaud this reference.
10:55 AM on 07/02/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
This thread should of ended after the first 2 posts, thank you guys.
12:06 PM on 07/02/13
Manix011
User Info.
This band is just as bad as you think it is. wish there were better locals in the DFW.
There are good bands in the DFW area. They just aren't this band. It also depends on what you like, too, I guess.
03:09 PM on 07/02/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
does Dallas / Ft Worth even really have a scene? only band I know outta there are like Oh Sleeper and FTSK. Im moving myself to Austin in the fall. I know its live music capital an all but not sure what the local scene is like. I'm guessing indie, prolly not hardcore/metal like my Syracuse scene is.
03:31 PM on 07/02/13
xHoodieWeather
User Info.
does Dallas / Ft Worth even really have a scene? only band I know outta there are like Oh Sleeper and FTSK. Im moving myself to Austin in the fall. I know its live music capital an all but not sure what the local scene is like. I'm guessing indie, prolly not hardcore/metal like my Syracuse scene is.
I'll be in Austin this fall too. Austin has a scene that is pretty diverse, but a lot of it is tied to the bar scene from what I've seen. Dallas had a metal scene with little to no variety - crown the empire, Memphis May fire, everyone dies In Utah, drop dead gorgeous, capture the crown, etcetera. Bigger rise core bands have a draw here that is ten times their normal.
12:48 PM on 07/03/13
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These dudes are awesome to hang with and have a great live show. Their album release show was pretty solid.
12:52 PM on 07/03/13
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll be in Austin this fall too. Austin has a scene that is pretty diverse, but a lot of it is tied to the bar scene from what I've seen. Dallas had a metal scene with little to no variety - crown the empire, Memphis May fire, everyone dies In Utah, drop dead gorgeous, capture the crown, etcetera. Bigger rise core bands have a draw here that is ten times their normal.
drop dead gorgeous has never been from Dallas. There are some good local bands here in DFW, but most metal bands just seem to rip off Oh, Sleeper cause they made it out and got signed. I would rather have a bunch of heavy bands then FTSK rip-offs though any day. Hardcore scene is pretty popular here at least. 2004-2007 had some of the best locals though like Broadway and (in theory). Also, i hardly listen to anything new heavy or go to many heavy shows anymore so my opinion is a little different on current locals.
05:43 PM on 07/03/13
xHoodieWeather
User Info.
drop dead gorgeous has never been from Dallas. There are some good local bands here in DFW, but most metal bands just seem to rip off Oh, Sleeper cause they made it out and got signed. I would rather have a bunch of heavy bands then FTSK rip-offs though any day. Hardcore scene is pretty popular here at least. 2004-2007 had some of the best locals though like Broadway and (in theory). Also, i hardly listen to anything new heavy or go to many heavy shows anymore so my opinion is a little different on current locals.

My bad on DDG. Always feels local though since I grew up watching them play local shows and festivals. Forgot about Broadway. Agree on the metal ripoffs and the ftsk rip offs (the hit, disco Curtis etc as bigger ones)

I think its mostly not a very well out together scene
09:30 AM on 07/06/13
jasonisafatty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My bad on DDG. Always feels local though since I grew up watching them play local shows and festivals. Forgot about Broadway. Agree on the metal ripoffs and the ftsk rip offs (the hit, disco Curtis etc as bigger ones)

I think its mostly not a very well out together scene
i agree on it not being well together. There's some great brotherhood between MOTS and the bands they hang with a lot so the shows always have community.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests