AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 180
11:06 AM on 07/08/13
jenovaproject
User Info.
The album reviews on this website are starting to feel really inflated. 9.5 for production? That is fanatical fan worship.
11:07 AM on 07/08/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
The album reviews on this website are starting to feel really inflated. 9.5 for production? That is fanatical fan worship.
reviewers dont like the percentage scale, we stick to a 1-10 scale these days, so we fill in everything as the same score to make the 1-10 outcome what we want it
11:07 AM on 07/08/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
you are aware that he just rated it 9.5, and then filled it in across-the-board, right?
Many of the reviewers don't bother choosing a score for each category anymore.
11:08 AM on 07/08/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did you notice that every category is a 9.5?

We moved away from categorical reviews over six months ago. We review by overall score out of ten now, and the categories just mimic whatever our overall score is. I gave it a 9.5.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Yeah, I'd say this is a producer's job as well - there's plenty of hands-off producers who don't touch the songs, structurally.

The most telling aspect to me is my consistent need to turn up the volume during my favorite parts. I should feel surrounded by the music - not that it's being blasted at me. But, at the end of the day, it doesn't affect my love for the record.
i think its pretty telling how strong the songs themselves are that they're able to (for the most part) overshadow the production end.
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you are aware that he just rated it 9.5, and then filled it in across-the-board, right?
Many of the reviewers don't both choosing a score for each category anymore.
We actually moved to /10 review scores because the new AP.net won't feature the categories - wanted to make the change early.
11:09 AM on 07/08/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think its pretty telling how strong the songs themselves are that they're able to (for the most part) overshadow the production end.
Precisely, my dear Watson.
11:09 AM on 07/08/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
We actually moved to /10 review scores because the new AP.net won't feature the categories - wanted to make the change early.
ah, ok. I knew you guys did that, wasn't aware of the reason behind it.
11:11 AM on 07/08/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
really getting annoying that this has to be explained in every review thread.
11:14 AM on 07/08/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
really getting annoying that this has to be explained in every review thread.
I'm not so annoyed that we have to explain it (though you'd think by now, people would get it). I'm more annoyed at the way people address it, like the comment above, in its Reddity righteousness.
11:17 AM on 07/08/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
I'm not so annoyed that we have to explain it (though you'd think by now, people would get it). I'm more annoyed at the way people address it, like the comment above, in its Reddity righteousness.
even more annoying that all people seem to care about is a score, and complaining about something you clearly addressed in the review.
11:20 AM on 07/08/13
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
even more annoying that all people seem to care about is a score, and complaining about something you clearly addressed in the review.
oh, this
11:25 AM on 07/08/13
KingKong19
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band should tour with North Korea. They have a similar sound in my opinion.
11:27 AM on 07/08/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band should tour with North Korea. They have a similar sound in my opinion.
I'd be down for this.
11:46 AM on 07/08/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I would see that in a heartbeat. Love NK.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos