Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

The Maine To Release "Punk" EP

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/15/13)
In a recent interview with PropertyOfZack, Pat Kirch and Jared Monaco noted that their band, The Maine, recorded an EP of punk songs.
Pat: And then on the last day we because we were doing the whole thing completely live so we were set up. So we recorded an EP of punk songs as a joke.
POZ: Really?
Jared: Like a five song EP of punk songs.
Pat: And then we did a Neil Young tune. And then we did a punk version of one of the tunes on the record. We just had some fun at the end.
Jared: Yeah. It was way different than last time. Instead of having 30 songs we wanted to record, we only had 14, 15. Once we got them narrowed down it was a way more focused effort this time.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
03:58 PM on 07/15/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Well, I'm sure this thread is going to be full of very kind words.
04:00 PM on 07/15/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
well they mentioned Neil Young so I'm interested. last album wasn't horrible so no reason to be so apprehensive.

unless they completely bomb these punk songs and they suck again, of course.
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Very kind words.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
(insert kind word)
04:32 PM on 07/15/13
Penguin
Twenty Centuries Of Sleep
User Info.
I'd be interested in hearing it, even if it was just recorded as a joke.
04:38 PM on 07/15/13
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
Hmm, I would be very interested in hearing The Maine's take on "Punk Rock." It would be a very interesting and a unique perspective on the genre. Perhaps a few 7 Inch Vinyls can be pressed to ensure the full experience?
04:48 PM on 07/15/13
Takuto
User Info.
If it's not a sequel to CSWS, I'm not interested. Forever Halloween should've never happened.
05:04 PM on 07/15/13
boomer08
User Info.
If it's not a sequel to CSWS, I'm not interested. Forever Halloween should've never happened.
That's a terrible opinion. I feel bad for you.
06:04 PM on 07/15/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
You can stay 15 forever while the rest of us grow up and our musical tastes evolve. Out of any band that came up during that neon pop rock movement The Maine has the most of my respect in how they've evolved musically and as people in general.
06:27 PM on 07/15/13
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I even enjoyed Black and White as well. Their last 2 albums were really boring and hard to get through
06:54 PM on 07/15/13
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
Haha I'd like to hear this
06:58 PM on 07/15/13
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You can stay 15 forever while the rest of us grow up and our musical tastes evolve. Out of any band that came up during that neon pop rock movement The Maine has the most of my respect in how they've evolved musically and as people in general.
Just because someone likes a band's older material doesn't make them immature. In my opinion, The Maine was way better during the CSWS era. The music they make now is boring as hell. Look at All Time Low. They never strayed from pop-punk. Since I still listen to them, does that mean I haven't grown up?
07:09 PM on 07/15/13
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
eh
07:41 PM on 07/15/13
Jbuch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They aren't going to release it.. it was a complete joke and there are some previews of the songs on youtube, some of the songs had cool riffs but the lyrical content contained stuff such as "lets eat Grandma" and a song about balloons.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests