AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

NPR Details The Civil Wars Civil War

Posted by - 10:09 AM on 07/16/13
NPR has posted an article and video detailing the inner-band conflict within The Civil Wars while making their upcoming album.
"No question, people are going to be listening to this new music, and the two of them will go on to make more worthy music, even if they're apart," he wrote. "That said, my number one hope is forgiveness and reconciliation for the two of them. One of the most satisfying and uniquely human actions is the ability to forgive and receive forgiveness. It's sets the stage for a thousand do-overs. Like a lot of people, the two of them singing together is one do-over I'd pay big money to hear and see."

Submitted by JuneJuly

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
10:45 AM on 07/16/13
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
This album will sell like hot cakes; already pre-ordered my copy.
10:52 AM on 07/16/13
getupguy222
User Info.
I called this years ago now, and I'm sticking to it with the speculation that there was a ton of sexual tension in this band, at some point they gave in maybe once maybe for a stretch of time.. then regretted it and can't work together any more. Just my one sided opinion. But even in the video they eluded to the fact that they know thats what people will think this song is about.
10:53 AM on 07/16/13
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
I didn't even realize they broke up. I loved their first album, I hope they get back together in time for a tour to promote this new album.
11:04 AM on 07/16/13
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
Do the math, kids.
12:43 PM on 07/16/13
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I didn't even realize they broke up. I loved their first album, I hope they get back together in time for a tour to promote this new album.

"hiatus"
01:10 PM on 07/16/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
I called this years ago now, and I'm sticking to it with the speculation that there was a ton of sexual tension in this band, at some point they gave in maybe once maybe for a stretch of time.. then regretted it and can't work together any more. Just my one sided opinion. But even in the video they eluded to the fact that they know thats what people will think this song is about.

mhm
06:42 PM on 07/16/13
yufli
...rook takes knight
User Info.
Barton Hollow is so friggin moody and kickass. These are the first and only band I've ever gotten into from learning that they won an Grammy.
Joy is so god damn beautiful it's almost sickening, and I was convinced they were a couple the way they sang to each other... and then I found out she's married to someone else and I was so surprised... it's a shame they're pissed at each other, though.
09:16 PM on 07/16/13
Dizzy23
User Info.
Barton Hollow is so friggin moody and kickass. These are the first and only band I've ever gotten into from learning that they won an Grammy.
Joy is so god damn beautiful it's almost sickening, and I was convinced they were a couple the way they sang to each other... and then I found out she's married to someone else and I was so surprised... it's a shame they're pissed at each other, though.

Yeah I've heard this band before but never paid much attention but I found her to be extremely sexy in this video.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos