AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

William Beckett To Release New Album Through LAB...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (07/24/13)
William Beckett will release his new album, Genuine & Counterfeit via LAB Records in the UK & Europe on 19 August. You can find the lyric video for first single "Benny & Joon" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
12:07 PM on 07/24/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
12:47 PM on 07/24/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Meh.
01:07 PM on 07/24/13
blikecray
the iowa kid
User Info.
nothing special imo
01:27 PM on 07/24/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Unimpressed. Really miss The Academy Is... :(
03:16 PM on 07/24/13
letsgoflyers
User Info.
his set at warped was great.
04:18 PM on 07/24/13
like yesterday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Guy needs to call it a day and start modeling vests for Men's warehouse or something
04:22 PM on 07/24/13
The Meech
User Info.
I feel like he releases a new album every month
04:27 PM on 07/24/13
TheBodysnatcher
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the fuck is he doing? How does a talented, and intelligent person like William Beckett put out shit like this? I met him backstage at the Honda Civic Tour some years ago and was really impressed by him. This is disappointing and he can and should do better. Come on man! The first two Academy Is... records were awesome.
04:42 PM on 07/24/13
chemo321
User Info.
Really enjoying this song. People need to stop clinging onto albums he made 7/8 years ago and just take this new direction for what it is.

Looking forward to the album. Sound like it'll be a great soundtrack to the last few weeks of summer.
06:15 PM on 07/24/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
parts of it sound like a rip off Baba O'Riley by The Who
06:39 PM on 07/24/13
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
I honestly have a hard time getting into The Academy Is... stuff. Other than a few songs, they aren't really anything that special in my opinion. I love his solo stuff though. Every EP he released last year was great, and I think this will be a great album. I've had it pre-ordered since pre-orders came up in America too. I'm excited for the album. And I like Benny & Joon. But seriously, you don't build an opinion on an album or guy based on the lead single. It's simply an introduction, there will be better songs on the album. (watch the behind the scenes videos he's posted for snippets.)
05:13 AM on 07/25/13
harryCane
Fighter of the Night Man
User Info.
What's even more important is that the UK release has 2 bonus tracks!

Now watch every American in the thread bitch and moan about this, even though they get Best Buy/Target/Walmart bonus track on every fucking major release...
06:31 AM on 07/25/13
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I honestly have a hard time getting into The Academy Is... stuff. Other than a few songs, they aren't really anything that special in my opinion. I love his solo stuff though. Every EP he released last year was great, and I think this will be a great album. I've had it pre-ordered since pre-orders came up in America too. I'm excited for the album. And I like Benny & Joon. But seriously, you don't build an opinion on an album or guy based on the lead single. It's simply an introduction, there will be better songs on the album. (watch the behind the scenes videos he's posted for snippets.)
Check out "Fast Times at Barrington High" album by The Academy Is... my favorite album by them. Solid pop rock that's catchhy and fun. Their first two album seems to be what everyone loves but in my opinion I don't like a single song from those albums. Fast times I liked 90 percent of the songs. Definetly give that one a chance if you ever listen to TAI again.

Also interested in the new William Beckett album.
07:59 AM on 07/25/13
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
Check out "Fast Times at Barrington High" album by The Academy Is... my favorite album by them. Solid pop rock that's catchhy and fun. Their first two album seems to be what everyone loves but in my opinion I don't like a single song from those albums. Fast times I liked 90 percent of the songs. Definetly give that one a chance if you ever listen to TAI again.

Also interested in the new William Beckett album.
Well, I've listened to all 3 albums all the way through. I like certain songs from the albums, just can't see it as a listen to the whole album thing for me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests