AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mp3 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Seth Glier's Ballad for George Zimmerman

Posted by - 07:44 PM on 07/29/13
Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Seth Glier has released "Dead in the Streets (The Ballad of George Zimmerman)." The song is available for download at his website. Head to the replies for the video.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
07:46 PM on 07/29/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
08:23 PM on 07/29/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Intriguing. I can't decide how I feel about this. Might want to edit the title of the news post though, as this is hardly a ballad "for" or dedicated to Zimmerman, it's a ballad of the events and it's intended to be from Zimmerman's perspective.

Also, he says this on his website:

I was in Dumont New Jersey on the night of July 13th when I read the verdict to Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” case. Emotionally, I was pretty distraught reading through all the comments on Yahoo’s news bulletin. People were referring to the ruling as a “celebration.” Despite what your viewpoint may be it is my firm belief that the interaction & and ultimate outcome between George Zimmerman & Trayvon Martin should be viewed as a tragedy at best.
08:28 PM on 07/29/13
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
I imagine this is what Space Oddity would have sounded like if Bowie had a series of minor strokes while writing it.
08:54 PM on 07/29/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
I still don't understand how this was media gold.
09:55 PM on 07/29/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Reading comments on Yahoo! makes me more depressed than the comments on YouTube.
09:59 PM on 07/29/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Huh, I don't really know what to make of this... The song seems to be almost too nice(?) of a "perspective" given his opening dialogue.
Also, am I the only person who has never heard of this singer? Or am I just too young/out of the loop..?
10:29 PM on 07/29/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
not a fan of the song
11:45 PM on 07/29/13
AndrewFaint
User Info.
Who?
06:57 AM on 07/30/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Intriguing. I can't decide how I feel about this. Might want to edit the title of the news post though, as this is hardly a ballad "for" or dedicated to Zimmerman, it's a ballad of the events and it's intended to be from Zimmerman's perspective.

Also, he says this on his website:

I was in Dumont New Jersey on the night of July 13th when I read the verdict to Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” case. Emotionally, I was pretty distraught reading through all the comments on Yahoo’s news bulletin. People were referring to the ruling as a “celebration.” Despite what your viewpoint may be it is my firm belief that the interaction & and ultimate outcome between George Zimmerman & Trayvon Martin should be viewed as a tragedy at best.
Seth Glier is one of my favorite artists. I know what he wrote on the website and I know what the songs aim is (but thanks for pointing those things out). That being written a title/headline is supposed to grab people. I stand by my title. Hope you dug the song. It's one of his best to date.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos