AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
ABSOLUTExclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Anton Kellner And The Lone Stars...

Posted by: Christian Wagner (07/30/13)
Today we're streaming a new track from Anton Kellner And The Lone Stars, which features Fred Mascherino (Terrible Things, The Color Fred) with a guest vocal spot. The track is a really fantastic song that has great pop, country, and folk elements. You can listen to "Where We Used To Lay" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
06:40 AM on 07/30/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

QuoteThe single was recorded with our friend Nolan Perry, and was mastered by Eric Boulanger (Plain White T's, One Republic, Steel Train). We pitched this song to Fred, not knowing what he was going to say, think, or do. He fell in love with it the second he heard it. He was very excited to be a part of it. I originally had some words, and a melody to fill the bridge of the song ("build me a road out of stone, bring me your love, and it wont go back alone"), but I told Fred to be creative and tweak the heck out of it! So he executed his part ("Carve my soul, out of stone. All I want, but I know, we're never going home") thoroughly, gracefully, and professionally! We all loved the end result, much more than the original. We may continue to do more collaborations with Fred in the future!

As far as what this tune is about? I had some imagery in my head, one morning. It was a couple running through a wheat field (holding hands), and behind them, was a huge wildfire that seemed to be approaching. I took this little mental image, and combined it with a few personal moments, and BOOM, there was the song. It is supposed to come off as nostalgic and bittersweet, but as always, it is up to the listener to apply the song, in which ever way that they feel.
07:04 AM on 07/30/13
Junction183
User Info.
Phenomenal! More of this please!
08:07 AM on 07/30/13
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Wondered where I'd seen his name before... I think he might have been in the band Holding Onto Hope for a bit?
08:17 AM on 07/30/13
gameguru990
User Info.
Wondered where I'd seen his name before... I think he might have been in the band Holding Onto Hope for a bit?
This is really good.
08:23 AM on 07/30/13
catcitybitch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ya, he was the last singer is HOH
08:25 AM on 07/30/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
Man. That's a jam right there! I'm stoked to hear more
04:16 PM on 07/30/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Cool song. Always a pleasure to hear Fred.
06:21 PM on 07/30/13
colean
Leandro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Soundcloud doesnt allow me to listen to it from my phone but i bet it sounds great lol i have his debut EP and thats what it is, great
08:47 PM on 07/30/13
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
Great tune.
08:23 AM on 07/31/13
rodericknj
son, i loved you at your darkest
User Info.
Awesome song
Options
Related News Stories