Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 48.
10:06 AM on 07/31/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
"I Hate Music" is the best. Something about this album doesn't stay with me though, as much as I really listening enjoy to a track here and there.
10:19 AM on 07/31/13
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
they used to sound a lot lot lot like Mae, but now ten years later have been getting progressively more complex (like, The Receiving End of Sirens level of complex) along with getting progressively more jazzy (think Miles Davis) to the point where they switched from being a rock band with jazz influences to now being a jazz band with rock influences.

They are also famous for the youtube videos, because watching them play their stuff is just impressively fantastic. Don't just listen - watch them.

This might sound weird, but I've always placed them on a spectrum of awesomeness, squarely in the middle with Foo Fighters on one far end and Dave Koz on the other, hahahah
That's the kind of thing that should have been in the review. Thanks, man! They sound interesting.
10:22 AM on 07/31/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
That's the kind of thing that should have been in the review. Thanks, man! They sound interesting.
haha you're welcome! I've written my own review for them, so I'm kind of always prepared to plop this kind of talk out, it's my pleasure. I hope you enjoy them, they are worth the investment of time, money, and love
10:31 AM on 07/31/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
i don't know man, the way they work the 5/4 time signature throughout the song is just crazy awesome in my opinion. I think the song showcases how subtle and classy their skills and technique have become
I don't know what it is, I'm just not a huge fan of the song. It's probably the chorus, I don't think the horns sound very good. But like I said, the rest of the album is grade-A stuff.
10:40 AM on 07/31/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Can someone give me a RIYL for this?
10:55 AM on 07/31/13
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
It's hard to say...it's jazz music. Very complex jazz music. You know Sleeping at Last? Imagine them with jazz influences, I guess.
10:57 AM on 07/31/13
promisemedan
User Info.
RIYL awesome music by extremely talented musicians.
11:04 AM on 07/31/13
promisemedan
User Info.
Good review, although I disagree with you about the singles. There's not one weak track on the whole album. I feel like the album needed a song like "Sunshine" on it. Shows their willingness to branch out and try different things while still staying true to their sound. This album gets better with every listen.
11:06 AM on 07/31/13
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
It's hard to say...it's jazz music. Very complex jazz music. You know Sleeping at Last? Imagine them with jazz influences, I guess.
Sleeping At Last with jazz influences? Now I'm interested.
11:10 AM on 07/31/13
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
Sleeping At Last with jazz influences? Now I'm interested.
Tell me what you think.
11:31 AM on 07/31/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
excuse the verbosity, but here's what a wrote for someone else

but the summation of this would be Mae +Foo Fighters + Miles Davis + Dave Koz. not necessarily any of those separately, but moreso all blendered together

however, if you liked Mae's (m)orning EP, that's more along the lines of Kindo

"they used to sound a lot lot lot like Mae, but now ten years later have been getting progressively more complex (like, The Receiving End of Sirens level of complex) along with getting progressively more jazzy (think Miles Davis) to the point where they switched from being a rock band with jazz influences to now being a jazz band with rock influences.

They are also famous for the youtube videos, because watching them play their stuff is just impressively fantastic. Don't just listen - watch them.

This might sound weird, but I've always placed them on a spectrum of awesomeness, squarely in the middle with Foo Fighters on one far end and Dave Koz on the other, hahahah"
12:27 PM on 07/31/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Wow. You have my attention.
I'm not sure who Dave Koz is, but the rest of it definitely has me interested.
12:41 PM on 07/31/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
I'm not getting the Mae comparisons. Love both bands, but I just don't see that.
12:45 PM on 07/31/13
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
I'm not getting the Mae comparisons. Love both bands, but I just don't see that.

I think he was referring to the pre-Kindo band, This Day & Age.
12:46 PM on 07/31/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Yeah, me neither. I mean the morning ep is incredible but it doesn't sound anything like Kindo.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums