Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

The Impossibles Officially Reunite

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (08/03/13)
The Impossibles have officially reunited to release their first new material in 12 years. The crowd funding campaign is already over 200% to goal, but contributions can still be made.

Submitted by imposs1ble

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
07:13 AM on 08/03/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I love this band and was at one of their farewell shows one of the times they broke up, but $20 for a 7-inch? C'mon guys. Even $5 for a 2 song download is steep. Get back together and record a full-length and I'm on board to chip in some change, but this just makes me want to hang on to my money and wait for the songs to surface.
08:30 AM on 08/03/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I love this band and was at one of their farewell shows one of the times they broke up, but $20 for a 7-inch? C'mon guys. Even $5 for a 2 song download is steep. Get back together and record a full-length and I'm on board to chip in some change, but this just makes me want to hang on to my money and wait for the songs to surface.
I wouldn't pay $20 for the 7", but if it includes shipping AND will be personalized for the purchaser by having their name on the insert, I could see how people would be willing to pay for that.
08:51 AM on 08/03/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Who?
11:34 AM on 08/03/13
kittypants
lordsaveusfromourscene.co m
User Info.

Jason, it's definitely steep but I donated $20 more as a thank you to the band. Gabe lives in Portland, OR now so it's kind of a big deal for them to even get into the same room and create...
01:39 PM on 08/03/13
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but put yourself into their position. They're a group that broke up 11 years ago, and the market has significantly changed since they last released material. They never really made it when they were last active. They have no real way of knowing exactly how much demand there is for this in today's world, and they're being pretty straightforward about what they've spent, and just wanting to recoup that money. My impression of this is very simply that at this point in their lives, these guys all have families and "real jobs" and they can't run the risk of putting their lives on hold to resume the album/tour/album/tour cycle without AT LEAST testing the waters. That full length COULD happen, but that's dependent strictly upon the success of this. Yes, $5 is steep for 2 songs, but that $5 is also your vote as an individual fan for them to make that full length.
01:55 PM on 08/03/13
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
Awesome!
03:11 PM on 08/03/13
Roy_Stalin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cheapskates moaning about the price
03:54 PM on 08/03/13
ESundy36
GO FRIARS!
User Info.
The Impossibles are back, oh fuck yes.
04:34 PM on 08/03/13
archaicnature
User Info.
This is the best news.
06:45 PM on 08/03/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
cheapskates moaning about the price
$5 for a 2-song download is unprecedentedly expensive. If you're going to go the crowd-funding route, at least supplement that with an acoustic track or behind the scenes video or something.
07:44 PM on 08/03/13
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Great news. Love this band.
12:24 AM on 08/04/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.

You've gotta be trolling hard.
01:21 AM on 08/04/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
nice to see a reasonable crowd-funding goal...and not $100K for eisley to go on tour
05:28 AM on 08/04/13
robdobi
hates your guts.
User Info.
oh my god. yes.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music