AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 180
05:53 PM on 07/12/13
Bi11 Lumburgh
User Info.
I agree with the guy above who said they sound like Envy On The Coast a little bit, White America and Virgin Dirt have some moments where they could fit right on Lowcountry
12:18 AM on 07/14/13
StolliFresh89
User Info.
I love this album. It's awesome, Full of emotion. I love the drumming. The lyrics are compelling. One of the best albums that's come out this year for certain.
07:43 PM on 07/14/13
Sean Shelton
whatsarasaid
User Info.
Definitely AOTY contender for me. Met Jason at this year's warped, amazingly nice guy. Was a pleasure talking to him for awhile. Hope this band really gets the recognition it deserves.
05:45 AM on 07/15/13
TypicalMiracle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've given this about 10 full listens and love it. I thought the clean vocals were a little overproduced, but it doesn't take away from the power of the record.

Early favorites: Empty Elvis, Dreamer's Disease, Virgin Dirt
09:55 PM on 07/15/13
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
User Info.
the lyrics are very insipid...
I could probably only be in agreeance with you on Pheromone Cvlt, but that's about it.
08:23 PM on 07/17/13
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
Incredible record. It completely took me by surprise; I expected it to be good, but not this good. And I've only listened to it once.
05:58 PM on 07/26/13
Loving Sasha
User Info.
after a few listens and i can officially say, despite its over arranged vocals, its a magnificent album
09:55 AM on 08/04/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Interesting review. Really don't agree with a word of it but a good read nevertheless.
The songs are flat and lack the energy and aggression of Fake History, a record I absolutely loved. I dont hate TBB but I think its a perfect example of the sophomore slump.
This is not to mention some downright awful lyrics, Im looking at you Phermone Cvlt.

Most disappointing record of 2013.
Old thread but had to quote this and say I very much agree. The record comes off as goofy and poppy. All in all a huge step down and it's actually giving me a headache trying to listen through this thing.
10:39 AM on 08/04/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Burnt this thing to a cd and put it in my car, sounds like complete shit. Utterly unlistenable, actually.
07:17 AM on 08/08/13
i am a rob0t
User Info.
It's a slow grower but has none of the the impact of fake history.

The production is a big problem for me. I really love some of the songs on this album but the production lets it down. Just can't believe they signed this off.
08:59 AM on 12/01/13
chrisdodges
User Info.
As many others have said, the production quality is absolute shit. When listening on some cheap headphones, things sound fine. When you play the album through your laptop speakers, you start to notice a little quality drop. When you play the album through high quality speakers and/or in the car, this album sounds like shit. It truly becomes something you can't listen to. It's impossible to make out some of the words, entire guitar pieces disappear, and a general sense that you have mud in your speakers causes your ears to bleed.

This album has some truly great songs, but the quality just killed it for me.
11:20 AM on 12/05/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As many others have said, the production quality is absolute shit. When listening on some cheap headphones, things sound fine. When you play the album through your laptop speakers, you start to notice a little quality drop. When you play the album through high quality speakers and/or in the car, this album sounds like shit. It truly becomes something you can listen to. It's impossible to make out of of the words, entire guitar pieces disappear, and a general sense that you have mud in your speakers causes your ears to bleed.

This album has some truly great songs, but the quality just killed it for me.

It's different the production but it's certainly not that bad. I have no problem hearing the vocals or guitars. Not sure why you think it's so bad it's unlistenable.
12:53 PM on 12/05/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
It's different the production but it's certainly not that bad. I have no problem hearing the vocals or guitars. Not sure why you think it's so bad it's unlistenable.
I wouldn't go as far as calling it unlistenable, but the production is an ugly stain on an otherwise great album.
08:45 AM on 12/23/13
CaptainNicotine
User Info.
I love this record, but like I'm sure it's mentioned several times, the record NEEDS to be remastered and reproduced. It would have so much more value to me, personally, if it was. I mean, yes, the lyrics and the music are great. It all is, but it just hurts when such an amazing album is mired in shoddy production.
01:27 AM on 12/30/13
chrisdodges
User Info.
I think it is that bad because the production is very poor. I thought there was a compression issue when I bought the album digitally. I then listened to a friends CD version, and the same issue existed. As I previously said, when you listen with lower quality speakers/headphones, the album doesn't sound all that awful. Unfortunately for myself and many others, my default audio speakers/headphones were designed to play music with a crisp sound. I would say about 99% of the albums released meet the minimal standard for clear audio playback. For some reason, this album does not, and it is a real disservice to fans of this band, such as myself.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos