AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: The Teeth Tour Diary #2

Posted by - 03:27 PM on 08/14/13
The Teeth recently finished up their short US/Canada tour trek with The Greenery. Today we have part two (the last part) of a tour diary from vocalist Joey Heid - check it out in the replies. Be sure to catch up on part one if you missed it.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
03:27 PM on 08/14/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
The Teeth
Tour Diary – Submission 2
August 13, 2013

Poutine. Ah yes.

French fries, cheese curds and gravy. It's a delicacy. It's a Canadian staple. It's Thanksgiving at a diner. It's everywhere...

And it's fucking disgusting.

Oh relax I know I know, haters gonna hate.

It's just like Thanksgiving....at KFC. How is this a thing in Canada? Better question: How is it NOT a thing in America? Nothing says 'Murica like french fries smothered in cheese and gravy.

Anyway, pooptine aside, Canada brings it. Never before have I felt so welcomed, out of my element, by complete strangers in my entire life.

We left off in Vancouver. The next night was Calgary. Best scenic drive of the entire tour. The western parts of the country from British Columbia to Alberta is the shit National Geographic is made of.

After a killer time in Calgary, we headed north to Edmonton.

Edmonton: where the Jäger flows like wine. Jäger isn't even remotely fucking close to Edmonton. We are just lunatics that don't know any better than to black out on deer's bane. Oh and Kokanee. Lots of Kokanee. We were informed later that it's pronounced COKE-ah-nee not COCK-a-nee.

Forgive me if I'm brief but I don't remember a whole lot from this night.

Moving on...Saskatoon. Probably our favorite show of the Canadian trip for The Teeth. Kids threw down, bled all over the place, and sang along. Couldn't get much better.

We finished out our Canadian adventure with Winnipeg and more border mayhem.

Here's a little advice: if you are brought into a waiting room with a two way mirror, don't fart. That window won't open and the door unlocks from the outside. You'll end up choking on rotten baby diaper eggs for an hour.

As the tour with our brothers in The Greenery winded down and came to a close, we were incredibly fortunate to be added to the first two dates of their Pillage and Destroy Tour with Wilson and American Fangs.

Meeting these guys and all the people that work for them was ending on a bittersweet positive note. Fucking incredible performances all around and don't let them fool you, they are lovable nice guys. All of them.

We said our goodbyes with The Greenery the only way normal grown men in touring bands could. Excessive hugging, selfies, group photos and drinks.

What I meant before about the bittersweet ending was exactly that. This tour, as quick it was, was one of the best things we've ever done. The entire trek through Canada and back home only built up to better and better shows; and while finally at its peak, we had to say our goodbyes.

As I write this, I am counting the minutes to get back out and do it all over again. Canada was amazing and it hasn't seen the last of The Teeth. We are hoping to hit the northeast next time and head west again, because fuck it; it was that much fun.

We wish the best of luck for the remainder of the tour to The Greenery, and our new friends in Wilson and American Fangs.

An enormous thank you to Zack, The Greenery and everyone who works with them for thinking of us and making it happen. And to Wilson and American Fangs for being a part of it.

Til next time.

Joey Heid
Lead Vocalist of The Teeth
05:51 PM on 08/14/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
He's right, poutine really is disgusting.
05:58 PM on 08/14/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
He's right, poutine really is disgusting.
For some reason I remember you saying you liked it when I said it looked really unappetizing to me, haha.
06:17 PM on 08/14/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
For some reason I remember you saying you liked it when I said it looked really unappetizing to me, haha.

Really? I don't think I said that, I hate pretty much anything that has gravy in it, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos