The Stargazer Lilies - 07.25.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Stargazer Lilies
1. How did you get your band name?
TSL- We got our name from the flower. :)
2. How did this band get started?
TSL- By a single song. “Endless Days”. It was a new direction and feeling from our former band, Soundpool. If felt good and we built the band around that song (which was stripped down and raw compared to Soundpool) and also around the name.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
TSL- We’re not really sure. We listen to so much music. It’s impossible to pinpoint any specific influences without mentioning tons and tons of bands. When we sit down to write... it’s not like we’re directly trying to recreate something we’ve heard. There are moments that we say “Oh, this kind of sounds like this or that,” but it usually happens by accident.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
TSL- We’d love to tour with The Flaming Lips. We just saw their live show and it was pretty mind blowing. Sigur Ros or Radiohead wouldn’t be bad either. Blonde Redhead and Chromatics are high on our list. MBV, but we’ve already heard back from them and they don’t usually play with “like” bands. We took that as a compliment. We’re also waiting for a Slowdive reunion tour. As Soundpool, we were fortunate enough to play the Chapterhouse reunion show in NYC and it was awesome.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
TSL- Plant based so you don’t feel awful. Touring is hard on you physically. Clean food is always the best.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
TSL- They should listen to us because listening to us would make them feel really depressed but in a good way.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
TSL- We’re not really into sports. We don’t really know any athletes.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
TSL- The universe.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
TSL-Commercial music. We would redistribute the wealth to people who are actually artistically worthy.
10. Memorable tour experience?
TSL- Looking for dinosaur footprints with Ryan Graveface and Black Moth Super Rainbow at like 4 a.m. outside of Northampton, MA, as Soundpool.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
TSL- AP showing us love means a lot.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
TSL- “Endless Days”
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
TSL- When we actually go on vacation we’ll let you know!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
TSL- We can’t remember back that far.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
TSL- The super power of bliss because it just seems like it would be really nice.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
TSL- The ritual of setting up all our gear, and Kim meditates.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
TSL- We’re actually nice people.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place
where your band could flourish?
TSL- Internet already killed the radio star. There are some cool internet radio stations and a few cool college radio stations here and there. We think we will flourish anywhere people can actually hear us.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
TSL- We like to play with our cats. Skateboard. Stargaze, swim, hike, obsess over gear. Space out and listen to ambient music.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
TSL- Kim likes to experiment in the kitchen and entertain friends.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |