Back in the days on MSN, we were all sat about throwing words together to form a unique name.
2. How did this band get started?
Richie and Chris have been friends from middle school. They met Jim through local bands and then joined up to form Our Time Heros. When that band folded and the were looking for a new drummer, Chris met Mat on a dating site (myspace to be honest).
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Blink-182, Greenday, All Time Low, Four Year Strong, The Wonder Years, Brand New, You Me At Six, Kids In Glass houses, New Found Glory, Allister, just about any UK/us pop punk band of the last 15 years. Also older bands like The Ramones, Queen and Guns 'N Roses.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Four Year Strong - They seem like really nice guys
New Found Glory - They're heroes of ours
The Who, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath - Just imagine the party!!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Chili cheese dogs, actually Mexican in general. You can't go wrong with a pasty and there always seems to be a subway near every venue we've played.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're giving people a fresh spin on their current musical tastes.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Richie - Andy Murray, we both seem to be miserable and he's just won wimbledon!
Chris - Ryan Villapoto
Jim - Ellie Simmonds, giving hope to us short people
Mat - Manu Tuilagi
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our parents for doing the deed, our manager because we'd most likely have one by then, family and fans. Oh and don't forget Jeebus.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less people getting where they are through who they know and more people being discovered because of their talent
10. Memorable tour experience?
Its wasn't on tour, but on our way to a show in Kent, Richies car pretty much died and he almost bought a duck to make himself feel better.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It a community of like minded people introducing each other to new music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Its either got to be Cheating Perfection or Pow!! Right In The Kisser.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Chris and Richie - Florida
Jim - San Diego
Mat - Banff
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Roxette, Queen, Meatloaf, Michael Jackson, Deep Purple,
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
X-ray vision - we like boobies :)
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Mat always has to set his drums up in the same order with the snare drum being the last thing to go on its stand. Richie always finds the need to take a dump before going on stage at every show we play.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our music :P joking!! We're all older than we act/look
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
There seems to be a real mix of everything on the radio again and there has been a shift back towards "rock" music. We've got the potential to do well on the radio, our songs are radio friendly already.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Cycle, generally keeping fit. Collecting and reading comics and graphic novels. Checking out other bands and Richie keeps reptiles.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
As a group we make quite a decent quiz team. Mat is actually a trained orchestral percussionist.
Your content is extremely educational! Looking at your work has enlightened me. Discovered a lot from it. I will bookmark your website and will consistently read your future posts. Great! Thanks! essays.mightystudents.com