AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hip-Hop News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Danny Brown's Old Release Date

Posted by - 04:05 PM on 08/26/13
It appears Danny Brown's highly anticipated album, Old, will be out on September 30th. You can check out a new freestyle he did on Sway in the Morning in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
04:05 PM on 08/26/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
04:12 PM on 08/26/13
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
There is no way this will suck.
04:23 PM on 08/26/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
I can't take this guy seriously. I really don't get it. Every single aspect of him just screams stereotype to me. He had a good flow there, but his lyrics are so bad. His voice sounds like a cartoon character. Everyone is all over this guy's nuts, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
04:26 PM on 08/26/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I can't take this guy seriously. I really don't get it. Every single aspect of him just screams stereotype to me. He had a good flow there, but his lyrics are so bad. His voice sounds like a cartoon character. Everyone is all over this guy's nuts, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
his voice is an acquired taste, but the cartoon character thing is part of his appeal, he's crazy, he's hilarious, he's eclectic, and he has great flow and word play even when he's rapping about stereotypical things. even then, he has plenty of songs on his albums where he goes deeper and darker into his mind and personal life, giving insight into who he is. he's, in my opinion, one of the best rapper's making music today, but maybe you just cant get into him which is fine and even understandable, he isn't for everyone.
04:34 PM on 08/26/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
his voice is an acquired taste, but the cartoon character thing is part of his appeal, he's crazy, he's hilarious, he's eclectic, and he has great flow and word play even when he's rapping about stereotypical things. even then, he has plenty of songs on his albums where he goes deeper and darker into his mind and personal life, giving insight into who he is. he's, in my opinion, one of the best rapper's making music today, but maybe you just cant get into him which is fine and even understandable, he isn't for everyone.
When I saw him a year or so ago, he literally was booed off the stage, and I thought that was the last I would ever hear about him. Suddenly, he was loved by everyone. I do like his flow, I'll admit that. I guess I haven't heard his "deeper darker" stuff.
04:36 PM on 08/26/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
When I saw him a year or so ago, he literally was booed off the stage, and I thought that was the last I would ever hear about him. Suddenly, he was loved by everyone. I do like his flow, I'll admit that. I guess I haven't heard his "deeper darker" stuff.

the lyrics of this song are a prime example of his dark personal stuff (plus he rocks like 10 different flows flawlessly)

That the last ten years I been so fucking stressed
Tears in my eyes let me get this off my chest
The thought of no success got a ***** chasing death
Doing all these drugs in hopes of OD’ing next, Triple X

i would spend time with his last album, xxx, and really look into the lyrics.
04:40 PM on 08/26/13
davidarechiga
davidarechiga
User Info.
gots a flow but hes an ugly mthrfckr for sure.
05:04 PM on 08/26/13
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
Love him but chances are that that's a verse from a song on Old.
05:05 PM on 08/26/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Love him but chances are that that's a verse from a song on Old.
well yeah, that's basically the case with every freestyle by someone not named riff raff or lil b
05:11 PM on 08/26/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.

the lyrics of this song are a prime example of his dark personal stuff (plus he rocks like 10 different flows flawlessly)

That the last ten years I been so fucking stressed
Tears in my eyes let me get this off my chest
The thought of no success got a ***** chasing death
Doing all these drugs in hopes of OD’ing next, Triple X

i would spend time with his last album, xxx, and really look into the lyrics.
I decided to give him another shot and listen to this. I really like it. My only other exposure was hearing Radio Song and not liking his voice, but he shows more range in this one.
05:14 PM on 08/26/13
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
Danny is an acquired taste, but give him a chance! He's one of the funnest and most lovable rappers out there.
05:31 PM on 08/26/13
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
Been waiting for like a year for Old. Can't wait!
05:49 PM on 08/26/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
This album cannot come out any faster. I can listen to Danny talk about watching paint dry, and it would be entertaining.
06:11 PM on 08/26/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Have a feeling this will crush XXX

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT