Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Protest the Hero Announce Fall Tour Dates

Posted by: Deborah Remus (08/28/13)
Protest the Hero, Architects, The Kindred and Affiance will be touring North America in November and December. Dates in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
12:14 PM on 08/28/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Tour DatesTHU/NOV 07 - OTTAWA, ON - RITUAL
FRI/NOV 08 - MONTREAL, QC - TULIPE
SAT/NOV 09 - TORONTO, ON - SOUND ACADEMY
TUE/NOV 12 - THUNDER BAY, ON - CROCK'S
WED/NOV 13 - WINNIPEG, MB - UNION HALL
THU/NOV 14 - SASKATOON, SK - ODEON
FRI/NOV 15 - EDMONTON, AB - AVENUE THEATRE
SAT/NOV 16 - CALGARY, AB - THE GATEWAY
MON/NOV 18 - VANCOUVER, BC - VOGUE
TUE/NOV 19 - PORTLAND OR - THE BRANX
WED/NOV 20 - SEATTLE WA - EL CORAZON
FRI/NOV 22 - SAN FRANCISCO CA - SLIM'S
SAT/NOV 23 - LOS ANGELES CA - THE ROXY
SUN/NOV 24 - SAN DIEGO CA - SOMA SIDE STAGE
MON/NOV 25 - TEMPE AZ - CLUB RED
TUE/NOV 26 - ALBUQUERQUE NM - LAUNCHPAD
WED/NOV 27 - DENVER CO - SUMMIT
FRI/NOV 29 - DALLAS TX - THE DOOR
SAT/NOV 30 - HOUSTON TX - WAREHOUSE LIVE
MON/DEC 02 - ATLANTA GA - MASQUERADE
TUE/DEC 03 - ORLANDO FL - THE BEACHAM
THU/DEC 05 - GREENSBORO NC - GREENE STREET CLUB
FRI/DEC 06 - CLEVELAND OH - AGORA BALLROOM
SAT/DEC 07 - CHICAGO IL - BOTTOM LOUNGE
SUN/DEC 08 - DETROIT MI - MAGIC STICK
TUE/DEC 10 - PITTSBURGH PA - MR SMALLS
WED/DEC 11 - BALTIMORE MD - OTTOBAR
FRI/DEC 13 - NEW YORK NY - GRAMERCY
SAT/DEC 14 - WORCESTER MA - THE PALLADIUM UPSTAIRS
SUN/DEC 15 - PHILADELPHIA PA - THE TROCADERO
12:14 PM on 08/28/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Waiting...

Edit: Weird, I have never heard of a metal show being at Club Red.
12:16 PM on 08/28/13
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
my bands opening for the Edmonton date. Really excited :)
12:32 PM on 08/28/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
Subbed yesterday -_________-. Will def be at Baltimore show for Protest and Affiance though.
12:50 PM on 08/28/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Subbed yesterday -_________-. Will def be at Baltimore show for Protest and Affiance though.

Are you not excited for Protest? Affiance are just a protest junior to me. The vocal stylings and the musicianship (though watered down completely) are very similar to protest. I saw Affiance open for This or the apocalypse in a tiny venue about 2 years ago. There was maybe 20 people in the crowd that weren't related to the bands in some way (merch etc). and they were fun, down to earth and put on a hell of a show when it was their turn but they instantly reminded me (and confirmed when I brought their CD) of protest. This should be a much bigger show for them considering I saw them in the smaller part of the masquerade last time and they're now playing in the biggest part. Should go from 20 people to 1000.

Having said all that, I'd just be curious if you asid you liked affiance and didn't like Protest.

On a side note the best song on the affiance CD is the one with Matty Mullins. He kills it in that song and it breaks up the monoity of the affiance vocalist.
01:13 PM on 08/28/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
On a side note the best song on the affiance CD is the one with Matty Mullins. He kills it in that song and it breaks up the monoity of the affiance vocalist.

might be the dumbest post I have ever read on absolute punk! the MONOTONY(spell it right), are you kidding.....he is one of the best vocalist in the scene now....his range is incredible, mullins blows ass compared to him
01:36 PM on 08/28/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
Are you not excited for Protest? Affiance are just a protest junior to me. The vocal stylings and the musicianship (though watered down completely) are very similar to protest. I saw Affiance open for This or the apocalypse in a tiny venue about 2 years ago. There was maybe 20 people in the crowd that weren't related to the bands in some way (merch etc). and they were fun, down to earth and put on a hell of a show when it was their turn but they instantly reminded me (and confirmed when I brought their CD) of protest. This should be a much bigger show for them considering I saw them in the smaller part of the masquerade last time and they're now playing in the biggest part. Should go from 20 people to 1000.

Having said all that, I'd just be curious if you asid you liked affiance and didn't like Protest.

You may want to re-read my post, I think you missed where I said Protest, and yeah I've hung out with Dennis a few times before/after the shows, they're all chill, I like their older album better, but Threshold and Peace of Mind are my favorites off of the new.
01:39 PM on 08/28/13
B.Leibo
User Info.

might be the dumbest post I have ever read on absolute punk! the MONOTONY(spell it right), are you kidding.....he is one of the best vocalist in the scene now....his range is incredible, mullins blows ass compared to him
Thank you for this. I agree. I saw Dennis basically vomit after a set from screaming so high.
02:25 PM on 08/28/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You may want to re-read my post, I think you missed where I said Protest, and yeah I've hung out with Dennis a few times before/after the shows, they're all chill, I like their older album better, but Threshold and Peace of Mind are my favorites off of the new.

LOL OOOPS
could have sworn you said architects and affiance. My bad.
02:30 PM on 08/28/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

My bad on the spelling, type fast and figure as long as the point gets across, spelled errors be damned. And opinions man. I never insulted Dennis, I just think his voice is montone. And again, my opinion only, I think Matty Mullins has a great voice singing and screaming. I think affiance were great live but I just think his voice gets boring on album. And maybe I'm wrong, but when I say monotone, I'm not saying he doesn't have range, but just that the tone of his voice is boring.
02:30 PM on 08/28/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Waiting...

Edit: Weird, I have never heard of a metal show being at Club Red.

Seriously? I guess I haven't been there in a while, but that's all I've really ever known that place to be.

Anyway, Protest should be cool, but I'm really only going to go to this because of Architects. Very grateful to see these guys coming back to the US. They absolutely destroy in a live setting.
02:35 PM on 08/28/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Seriously? I guess I haven't been there in a while, but that's all I've really ever known that place to be.

Anyway, Protest should be cool, but I'm really only going to go to this because of Architects. Very grateful to see these guys coming back to the US. They absolutely destroy in a live setting.
I think the last time I saw them was with Oh, Sleeper and Every Time I Die a couple years ago, when they were a lot heavier. Good shit.
10:03 PM on 08/28/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
wish i saw em on their previous tour with Periphery last year
they always come to SF, luckily
12:25 AM on 08/29/13
angelawaydown
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Protest the Hero, Architects, The Kindred and Affiance will be touring North America in November and December. Dates in the replies.

The Architects link goes to the KCMO band and not the UK one.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests