AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Lifelines - 08.30.13

Interviewed by
Lifelines - 08.30.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Lifelines
https://www.facebook.com/wearelifelines

1. How did you get your band name?
This has always been one of the hardest things to come up with as you are stuck with it for the rest of the bands career pretty much just happened. We were out in town one day and Paul suggested it, everyone agreed and it has stuck ever since. We wanted a name that wouldn't pigeonhole us. We are a heavy band but there is plenty of other elements to our music as well and we want that to be apparent in everything we do.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
We have a lot of respect for bands with a genuine message and hard working attitude. We don't really by into the whole image over art shit..each to their own I suppose. Bands like Parkway Drive, Refused, Letlive, Slipknot, Architects. We go to a lot of gigs as well as being in a band and these bands constantly bring it and deliver every time so yeah that is something we hope look up to.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
If we could tour with Bleed From Within and While She Sleeps for the rest of our lives, I think we'd be quite content, we are good friends with those guys and always have the best laughs - crazy times. If I could go back in time it would be a dream come true to do Ozzfest and Woodstock '99. Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Chimaera, Spine Shank and pretty much every band I grew up listening to from that whole nu-metal era.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Fruit(smoothies) and any form of grilled cheese with some sort of carb, haha.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should at least give us a chance as we have spent 2 years meticulously planning and practicing before we have brought out our EP as to come out with a proper bang and be prepared. We really want to get this band out there, it has became our lives and we have all sacrificed a lot to do it already. It is our sole drive to get this off the ground and I hope people can listen and enjoy it so we can do it for a long time and if not it's about the experience and journey for us anyway we are never going to be rock starts nor want to be.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I honestly don't know - a footballer I guess, we play a bit, it's good fun - and I'd be absolutely loaded.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank my parents and brothers for being supportive and believing in this as much as i do and all our friends who have went above and beyond supporting us; it's really good to see and I appreciate it more than I could put into words. Most of all I'd thank the other 4 idiots I'm in this band with, because without them it wouldn't be possible. We are a solid unit that will never be broken and I'm ready to take on whatever comes our way (hopefully in the not-too-distant future).

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd change all the ass kissing poser sell out corporate bull shit. Music is art and it's the best way to truely express yourself and I think that is lost these days with a lot of people it seems to just be another way to get people to part with cash if you sing about clubs, cars, money, and material things. There is much more to life than all of that crap.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Bleed From Within took us out on our first gigs away from home and it was just amazing start to finish, great experiences. We went to a club, caused an absolute riot, partied hard, and had a blast and I will remember that weekend forever.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
ABSOLUTE PUNK!!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"The Protagonist," I guess, as it seems to get everyone most excited. We have recently started covering "Breed" by Nirvana which I"m loving right now!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere with sunshine and a beach. I need a holiday - it's been far too long.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Limp Bizkit, LinkinPpark, nu metal through and through!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
That is a hard one, I am always torn between flying and invisibility. Both would be amazing; you'd be unstoppable but I guess I'd pick flying because I dream about it pretty much every night and I'd sell my soul for a pair of wings.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Not really apart from stretching and drinking.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I don't think people really know a great deal about us anyway but people have said we have appeared from know where but as I said earlier it's been 2 years of planning so yeah that.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I do indeed, Radio 1 seems to be giving heavier band good air time and that is a very good thing.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When we are not working or doing band stuff we party. Far too hard.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can do something with my tongue that i have never seen anyone do ever..it's hard to describe - and non sexual by the way!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests