AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

65daysofstatic Announce New Album "Wild Light"

Posted by - 07:21 AM on 09/07/13
65daysofstatic will release Wild Light on October 29 via Superball Music.

Track Listing
01) Heat Death Infinity Splitter
02) Prisms
03) The Undertow
04) Blackspots
05) Sleepwalk City
06) Taipei
07) Unmake The Wild Light
08) Safe Passage

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
07:21 AM on 09/07/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

On the heels of their fall US tour announcement earlier this week, Sheffield, England’s 65daysofstatic announce the details of their fifth full-length studio album – Wild Light. Due out in the US on October 29th via a newly inked deal with Superball Music, Wild Light was produced by longtime conspirator Dave Sanderson (Jim Jones Revue, Hey Sholay) and 65daysofstatic – Joe Shrewsbury, Paul Wolinski, Rob Jones, Simon Wright – and recorded at the Chapel in Lincolnshire. The album was mixed at Castle of Doom in Glasgow by the inimitable Tony Doogan (Belle and Sebastian, Mogwai) and mastered at Abbey Road by the incredibly accomplished Frank Arkwright (Joy Division, Arcade Fire, Hot Chip). In addition, the original album art was produced by English graphic designer, photographer, filmmaker and co-founder of Version Industries Caspar Newbolt (Daft Punk, Louie C.K., Booka Shade).

Wild Light is the follow up to 2010’s full-length studio album We Were Exploding Anyway which was released in the US in the fall of 2011 on Monotreme. The album included the 8-minute long “Come to Me” which featured the band’s 2008 touring mate The Cure’s Robert Smith on vocals and got picked up in the US by Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and Stereogum among others. Following the UK release of We Were Exploding Anyway, the band toured Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and Russia. They also scored their own soundtrack for the 1972 Douglas Trumbull directed Sci-Fi film Silent Running that they performed live at the Glasgow Film Festival in February of 2011. The two night stint was such a success that 65daysofstatic decided to record their score. It was financed entirely through the crowd-funding site Indie Gogo and released in November 2011 as a numbered, limited edition vinyl LP as well as a digital download via their web site. 2012 found the band touring more with stints in Greece, Turkey and Mainland Europe as well as festivals throughout the summer. Earlier this year, the band toured Australia, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and China for the first time and returned to Taiwan where they’ve amassed a considerable following.

65daysofstatic has come a long way from their early days. Originally formed in 2001, their early output was big slabs of noise, guitars, glitch samples and beats and they were heavily involved in the UK cut-up/bootleg scene mashing-up Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake and pop songs of the moment into their live sets. Their first EP Stumble.Stop.Repeat came out in December 2003 on their own label Dustpunk Records and John Peel opened one of his famed BBC radio shows with “play.nice.kids” off the EP. They followed this with their debut album The Fall of Math (Monotreme, September 2004) which featured the incredibly popular single “Retreat! Retreat!” and earned them a coveted Peel Session booking. More EPs and albums followed – One Time for All Time (October 2005), The Destruction of Small Ideas (April 2007) and of course 2010’s We Were Exploding Anyway all for Monotreme. Cut to summer 2013 and the band played Glastonbury for the first time, signed a new worldwide deal with Superball Music, and announced the fall release of their latest studio album Wild Light.

Wild Light is due out mid-September in Europe and October 29th in the US. 65daysofstatic will follow the US release with their first stateside run since they toured the States with The Cure back in 2008. As announced on Tuesday, 65daysofstatic will be out on a month long co-headlining US tour with fellow post-rock masters Caspian, complete tour dates and more can be found at www.65daysofstatic.com.
07:58 AM on 09/07/13
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Comes out September 16th over here for anyone that's interested.
08:57 AM on 09/07/13
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
This is a weird press release. It's very current, but it doesn't mention how the new album sounds at all.
09:52 AM on 09/07/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
So god damn excited. They announced this like a week ago but whatever.
09:54 AM on 09/07/13
Wings That Work
What A Bunch of Fools We Lovers Are
User Info.
I really don't like the electronic elements they've been including lately....maybe this one will click for me
10:25 AM on 09/07/13
airik625
-
User Info.
Stoked for this. So very stoked.
12:44 PM on 09/07/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
can't wait!
01:28 PM on 09/07/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
fuck yes
04:54 PM on 09/07/13
ScottFarcas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I loved their first two album's "The Fall Of Math" and" One Time For All Time" both amazing...the one after not so much...so i'm curious to hear what they have come up with for this next release..and cant wait to see them with Caspian in chicago
05:02 PM on 09/07/13
ScottFarcas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New song off of the new album here its called "Prisms" https://soundcloud.com/65daysofstatic/prisms/s-SeJ12
05:35 PM on 09/07/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I normally hate it when someone says this about a band, but I honestly had no idea these guys were still around...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos