AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Cottonettes, The - 09/02/13

Cottonettes, The - 09/02/13

Interviewed by
Cottonettes, The - 09/02/13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Cottonettes

www.thecottonettes.com
www.facebook.com/thecottonettes
www.thecottonettes.bandcamp.com

1. How did you get your band name?
It started as an "in" joke with Ben and his mates. They would do their best impression of Nick Cotton (son of Dot Cotton from Eastenders... Google it...). The name comes from a fictional band called "Dot and The Cottonettes."

2. How did this band get started?
Ben and Josh knew each other from previous bands who didn't get on very well. They'd always talked about starting their own band because Ben had some cool songs, but the guy he was in a band with had too much ego to let him use any of them.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Musically probably The Clash, The Jam, Graham Coxon. We all love Biffy Clyro because they're the band that really made it in our eyes.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Well since this is Josh answering this... I'd say KISS because everything would be mental and I'd just hang out with Gene Simmons all the time! We'd go down terribly but I reckon it'll be a full on laugh!

5. Best food to eat on tour?
We don't eat we just get off of our faces on class A drugs. If there are no class A drugs we will eat McDonalds.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we won't make you feel musically inferior but we'll still give you the energy that will make you want to take over a small island. Plus we'll get stuck in your head big time.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Gareth Bale. whatbaleearns.co.uk

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everyone who ever believed in us before they were told to like us by the media.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
People who didn't have filthy rich parents to pay for the PR companies would always get the attention first.

10. Memorable tour experience?
We played with Hard Skin recently and their guitarist jumped off the stage and starting beating down this mental Polish chap because he was acting like a helmet. The same Polish guy later got on stage and tried to bite the bassist and received a further beating.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Being exposed to people who are interested in punk music!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Oh No! Yoko."

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Cornwall.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Well it was Rolf's cartoon club... and that's been slightly spoiled now....

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to take on other people's abilities. Because you could just rock up to some sort of sports event and smash it up.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Writing a set list in a state of panic.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I don't think our fans know an awful lot about us yet other than stuff in our bio. Josh has tiny hands? I dunno.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Yeah I like those 4-5 songs they play on a loop. I think we have some pretty radio friendly songs. If you remove the word "cunt" or the phrase "takes it up the arse."

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Literally things like this where I shamelessly promote the band. (Josh)

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Marty is a dab hand with a fire arm. He finished top of his class when he was in the navy

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
11:46 PM on 10/12/13
bxVbdDhGVe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://groch.com/serv/#16452 tramadol dosage 200 mg - is it illegal to purchase tramadol online

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos