Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 219
03:27 PM on 09/09/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
still think you're ascribing "living in the moment" to a bigger sect of electronic music than you should be. but fair is fair and like i said if you want to further discuss this let me know. i just wish you wouldn't make such huge assertive statements about things you dont have the best understanding of.
03:30 PM on 09/09/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
still think you're ascribing "living in the moment" to a bigger sect of electronic music than you should be. but fair is fair and like i said if you want to further discuss this let me know. i just wish you wouldn't make such huge assertive statements about things you dont have the best understanding of.
Again – I think you really overestimated how "huge" and "assertive" my statement about electronic music was. It's like you took it personally when it was the comparison end of the sentence. The takeaway from that idea was entirely supposed to be about, you know, the album I spent 1,100 words reviewing and that it does a great job of showing what's great about rock and roll, in my opinion.
03:32 PM on 09/09/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Again – I think you really overestimated how "huge" and "assertive" my statement about electronic music was. It's like you took it personally when it was the comparison end of the sentence. The takeaway from that idea was entirely supposed to be about, you know, the album I spent 1,100 words reviewing and that it does a great job of showing what's great about rock and roll, in my opinion.
you can show what's great about rock and roll without pulling in genres that you, once again, dont have the best understanding of
03:35 PM on 09/09/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
As someone who hates electronic music with a passion I think I can provide a pretty unbiased point of view: Thomas is right and Jake seems to act like a dick in most of the threads I read.

TO BE FAIR I am not in any electronic music threads.
03:36 PM on 09/09/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
As someone who hates electronic music with a passion I think I can provide a pretty unbiased point of view: Thomas is right and Jake seems to act like a dick in most of the threads I read.

TO BE FAIR I am not in any electronic music threads.
please point to me acting like a dick. pretty curious.

edit - besides this thread
03:43 PM on 09/09/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I think Will Yip is the best producer around right now....and unless I am mistaken, Jeremy Bolm is not on this record at all.
yup no Jeremy Bolm on this - actually the opposite as Jon contributes vocals on the new TA album
03:51 PM on 09/09/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
If you're 11 years old and have never listened to another band with aggressive vocals before, then sure, Jon totally sounds like Jeremy Bolm at the end of "Notice Me".

Even so, the difference between their respective tones is pretty stark.

haha yeah I dunno where the Jeremy thought came from, sounds nothing like him. It kinda sounds like Jamie from Title Fight a bit but yeah it's definitely Jon.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Comment about Kanye West album sales and scores to make Jake, Ryan, and Pat mad.
comment about zack being irrelevant and having no influence on people's feelings
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
please point to me acting like a dick. pretty curious.

edit - besides this thread
I don't feel like searching stuff down.. just seems to me that there's not a lot of 'give' to you and I've noticed it several times.

You made your point, it's a valid point, but it doesn't give you the right to suggest someone should stop reviewing. You should stop reading.
03:53 PM on 09/09/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I don't feel like searching stuff down.. just seems to me that there's not a lot of 'give' to you and I've noticed it several times.

You made your point, it's a valid point, but it doesn't give you the right to suggest someone should stop reviewing. You should stop reading.
if you've noticed it several times i think you wouldnt have to search too far. but aight

its already been proven that my suggestion was dumb because he is, in fact, stopping reviewing. anything else?
03:53 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
also saying ive been going back and forth about that sentence is laughable considering i made one response to thomas about it and my initial comment was about how i liked the review a lot. relax. it was hardly back and forth, i dropped it immediately when you responded because it was obviously worthless to argue with you.
04:01 PM on 09/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
comment about zack being irrelevant and having no influence on people's feelings

Idk. I feel like I annoy your feelings a lot buddy
04:01 PM on 09/09/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Idk. I feel like I annoy your feelings a lot buddy
can i ask once again why you asked me that question?
04:02 PM on 09/09/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
also saying ive been going back and forth about that sentence is laughable considering i made one response to thomas about it and my initial comment was about how i liked the review a lot. relax. it was hardly back and forth, i dropped it immediately when you responded because it was obviously worthless to argue with you.
Good to know it was worthless after two responses. Which I still feel were pretty well worded and perfectly fine defenses of my statement before I got fed up with the discussion.
04:02 PM on 09/09/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
if you've noticed it several times i think you wouldnt have to search too far. but aight

its already been proven that my suggestion was dumb because he is, in fact, stopping reviewing. anything else?
I didn't mean it was factually inaccurate, I meant it was incredibly rude. I look forward to your next review.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos