AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dropkick Murphys News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Dropkick Murphys Announce St. Paddy's 2014 Boston Show Schedule

Posted by - 11:32 AM on 09/11/13
Dropkick Murphys have announced their annual St. Paddy's show schedule. Details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
11:32 AM on 09/11/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
InfoAfter a year-long World Tour, Boston's own Dropkick Murphys return home for a string of St. Patrick's Day concerts at the House of Blues on Lansdowne Street. The band's Lansdowne Invasion will include five shows over four days, and will draw DKM fans from all over the world.

The concerts will take place on March 13-16, with a matinee and evening performance confirmed for March 15. The run of Boston shows will cap the national St. Patrick's Day Tour, details for which will be announced shortly. Tickets will go on sale at 10:00am EDT on Saturday, September 14 via Ticketmaster.

The St. Patrick's Day shows will be just the latest highlight for Dropkick Murphys: Their current release, Signed And Sealed In Blood (Born & Bred Records), debuted at #9 on Billboard's Top 200 and received overwhelming critical acclaim from Rolling Stone, NPR, USA Today, Stereogum, and more. They performed on The Today Show, Conan, The Late Show with David Letterman, and Coachella Festival, and made radio history with "The Season's Upon Us" - the first holiday song to chart on the U.S. Alternative and Modern Rock radio charts. In the midst of this banner year, the band also raised and distributed over $300,000 for those affected by the Boston Marathon Bombings through their charitable organization The Claddagh Fund, thanks to their fan's support of a limited edition FOR BOSTON t-shirt, an EP release with Bruce Springsteen, and a House of Blues benefit show.

DROPKICK MURPHYS TOUR DATES:
September 14 - Baltimore, MD @ The Shindig Festival
September 15 - Toronto, CA @ Sound Academy
March 13 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues (Tickets)
March 14 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues (Tickets)
March 15 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues - Matinee Show (Tickets)
March 15 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues - Evening Show (Tickets)
March 16 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues (Tickets)
11:56 AM on 09/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I've never understood why people write or articulate Paddy's instead of Patty's.
12:19 PM on 09/11/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
My friend always bugs me to take a trip to go to one of these, I always say no as Dropkick are just not my thing and their fans are pretty annoying. They can really sell out 4 straight nights in Boston?
12:23 PM on 09/11/13
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
I've never understood why people write or articulate Paddy's instead of Patty's.
....because it's 'Paddy' and not 'Patty'?...
12:27 PM on 09/11/13
Bnash577
User Info.
Paddy is the correct abbreviation. http://paddynotpatty.com/
12:38 PM on 09/11/13
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They can really sell out 4 straight nights in Boston?
yep. there was one year they sold out like 6 or 7 shows at house of blues. in the years since they have did different combinations of various venues in town (and sometimes lowell), both bigger and smaller than HOB , culminating last year with playing the garden. kinda a little surprised they are going back to just HOB.
12:55 PM on 09/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.

....because it's 'Paddy' and not 'Patty'?...

That's so obviously a retrospective shot at justifying some bar argument.
It's also weak regardless, because we don't call it Saint Pádraig's Day and the Irish call it Lá Fhéile Pádraig.
01:29 PM on 09/11/13
Christopher N
User Info.
No Harper's Ferry show this year?!
01:31 PM on 09/11/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
So much learning in this thread haha. Surprised there's no NYC show at Roseland or Terminal 5.
06:32 PM on 09/11/13
sirensongofra
User Info.
Where is March 17th?
10:37 PM on 09/11/13
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.

That's so obviously a retrospective shot at justifying some bar argument.
It's also weak regardless, because we don't call it Saint Pádraig's Day and the Irish call it Lá Fhéile Pádraig.
I'm not really sure what you're getting at because I'm Irish and I call it "Paddy's Day", like everyone else in Ireland.
11:31 PM on 09/11/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
Cause that's the Irish way. You call people patrick to paddy. Like the accent
11:33 PM on 09/11/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
My friend always bugs me to take a trip to go to one of these, I always say no as Dropkick are just not my thing and their fans are pretty annoying. They can really sell out 4 straight nights in Boston?

Maybe cause I live in sydney and me and friends always talk bout pilgrimaging to Boston for one of these shows. So if there's a lot like me

How's the weather in march. Went to Boston last year in June and was absolutely beautiful
06:59 AM on 09/12/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I'm not really sure what you're getting at because I'm Irish and I call it "Paddy's Day", like everyone else in Ireland.
I guess that would matter a great deal to me if I were in Ireland.
In the US we celebrate anglicized holidays with anglicized names and Americanized traditions, whether we should or not. It's cool on you to celebrate Padraig, okay. But if it's willfully ignorant to call St. Patrick's Day "Patty's" in America, it's also willfully ignorant use basically any English-language terminology for a religious holiday.

So the question is, do a bunch of drunk assholes really run around calling it "Paddy's" every year because they understand the etymological Irish roots of the holiday's name and have consciously chosen to ignore the American tradition of anglicizing everything? I doubt it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos