Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 108
07:46 PM on 09/09/13
EscapePlan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think I'm in the most minor of minorities.

Self-titled > Waves = New Light.
Nah I'm with you on this one
09:00 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I think I'm in the most minor of minorities.

Self-titled > Waves = New Light.
where do you rank their other albums with this?
09:01 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Incredibly good album. Could overtake Foreword for my favorite by them. Really loving it and I don't see it leaving my rotation soon. The middle groove of the record is so fantastic.
11:17 PM on 09/09/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
where do you rank their other albums with this?

I'm not nearly as familiar with them, but I'd rank all of these ahead of them. I enjoyed their other albums, but they lose me a tad.
11:42 PM on 09/09/13
oxeneers
User Info.
This is been a huge band for me since the first day I heard Pneuma, way back when it was circulating the internet. Thanks to Greg and gang for another awesome album. This album took many, many listens to set in for me, since it is so different, but I am happy to say it very well could be there best album yet. Thanks so much for this record, guys.
11:25 AM on 09/10/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
Didn't I just read this review for the same album a few days ago...?
12:01 PM on 09/10/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Didn't I just read this review for the same album a few days ago...?
...Yes?
04:06 PM on 09/10/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
The comments have been severely reduced then?

Never mind, I'm thinking of Balance and Composure. My bad.
09:48 AM on 09/11/13
mikeyoperocia
User Info.
Wow this album is boring. The vocals just drone and drone. It's not bad, just boooring.
02:25 PM on 09/11/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i guess i have to eat my words. i like this album a lot. i just needed time to adjust to this new sound, especially after listening to Waves quite a bit recently.

That isn't something i would do for most bands, but MM have a special place in my musical heart. But I am glad I kept with it, even though I still believe that albums shouldn't take work to like. Calling something a "grower" just means you aren't man enough to not like it. But as hypocrisy is my favorite pasttime, I guess I'll say that's what this album is. And also, that riff at the end of "Seasonal" is phenomenal.
02:33 PM on 09/11/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
i guess i have to eat my words. i like this album a lot. i just needed time to adjust to this new sound, especially after listening to Waves quite a bit recently.

That isn't something i would do for most bands, but MM have a special place in my musical heart. But I am glad I kept with it, even though I still believe that albums shouldn't take work to like. Calling something a "grower" just means you aren't man enough to not like it. But as hypocrisy is my favorite pasttime, I guess I'll say that's what this album is. And also, that riff at the end of "Seasonal" is phenomenal.
Some of my favourite albums ever were growers so I'm glad I wasn't man enough to not like them, haha.
03:19 PM on 09/11/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Some of my favourite albums ever were growers so I'm glad I wasn't man enough to not like them, haha.
i don't know. i believe music is immediate. the things that i tend to like the most are the things i like right away. that's not always the case, but usually is.

and i should say, i wasn't speaking in generalities. that is just my belief. everyone listens to music differently and should be allowed to do so.

i'm glad you kept trying too, it's never bad to like MORE music than less.
03:28 PM on 09/11/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
i don't know. i believe music is immediate. the things that i tend to like the most are the things i like right away. that's not always the case, but usually is.

and i should say, i wasn't speaking in generalities. that is just my belief. everyone listens to music differently and should be allowed to do so.

i'm glad you kept trying too, it's never bad to like MORE music than less.
Yeah, it's just never been that way for me. It's the exception that is immediate. For example 2 out of my top 3 albums of all time didn't interest me much on first listen and I wrote my second favourite band off as only having one good song for years.
06:40 PM on 09/11/13
renzenkuken
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Waves is a good record, I never understood the dislike for it. The Cascade and Parts in Different Places are GREAT songs. This record is good but I miss the desperate nature (dont know if that makes sense) of Waves at times. Eastern Leaves, Hands and Swing Set are amazing but the record seems little lethargic toward the end if I had to be critical. It has some growing potential though.

Pneuma > Waves > ST ~ New Light > Forward
10:35 PM on 09/11/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Yeah, it's just never been that way for me. It's the exception that is immediate. For example 2 out of my top 3 albums of all time didn't interest me much on first listen and I wrote my second favourite band off as only having one good song for years.
i'd be interested to know who all of those bands are haha!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos