Username
Password
Thrice News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Thrice
Inside AP.net

Dustin Kensrue's "Rejoice" Lyric Video

Posted by: Jason Tate (09/13/13)
A lyric video for Dustin Kensrue's "Rejoice" can be found below.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
09:47 AM on 09/13/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
09:50 AM on 09/13/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Love the man's voice but this could be literally every / any male artist on K Love. Not a fan of this one.
09:50 AM on 09/13/13
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like it
09:51 AM on 09/13/13
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
Good song - Dustin sounds great.
09:58 AM on 09/13/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Oooo, I like this a lot. I'm a Christian and I think it' really cool to see him go in this direction. He's such a great musician and he's doing really original things for worship music,
10:17 AM on 09/13/13
Likelinus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dustin sounds great and the text is well written even though I do not like all the Jesus talk. However, the music lacks substance and feels like a dull radio song without progression. Sounds like a simple rock song that could be done by Kelly Clarkson or any other mainstream artist. You can better Dustin! It was proven on It's Not Enough
11:02 AM on 09/13/13
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
11:19 AM on 09/13/13
peanutismint
User Info.
^^ LOVE THIS GIF ^^

I'm not a fan of this. It's difficult for me to admit but I haven't been a fan of any of his solo stuff post-Thrice. And I'm a Christian so you'd think I would appreciate that cheesy worship vibe but.........sigh.......I miss Thrice.
11:46 AM on 09/13/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Reminds me of Aaron Gillespie's solo record (not The Almost).
11:50 AM on 09/13/13
logancrosby
Slave to the South
User Info.
I'm not sure what people are expecting from this record. It's a worship album. It's made to be sung in a congregation. Simple melodies, repetition, and accessibility are key.
12:15 PM on 09/13/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I'm going to try to listen to this without paying too much attention to the lyrics.

edit: Sounds ok, but not groundbreaking. Funny to hear Dustin singing something in this pop rock style.
12:22 PM on 09/13/13
bluecrunchy
To shreds, you say.
User Info.
I get what he's trying to do, but I'm not really a huge fan of this style. A bit too simplistic.
12:24 PM on 09/13/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
Dustin sounds great and the text is well written even though I do not like all the Jesus talk. However, the music lacks substance and feels like a dull radio song without progression. Sounds like a simple rock song that could be done by Kelly Clarkson or any other mainstream artist. You can better Dustin! It was proven on It's Not Enough
I agree with you. I'm fine with worship music. I expected it to be different, but this song just sounds a bit lackluster. "It's Not Enough" sounds fantastic though! I hope the rest of the record steers more in that direction.
12:38 PM on 09/13/13
KiDurango
Band
User Info.
^^ LOVE THIS GIF ^^

I'm not a fan of this. It's difficult for me to admit but I haven't been a fan of any of his solo stuff post-Thrice. And I'm a Christian so you'd think I would appreciate that cheesy worship vibe but.........sigh.......I miss Thrice.
SAME! while I get that this is a worship song meant to be learned and sung by a congregation, I personally feel it is a waste of Dustin's talents. I'm glad he's glorifying his God... but I somehow feel he has limited his ability to reach those outside the realm of Christianity with the message of hope and love that he had with Thrice.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums