1. How did you get your band name? We were sitting around with a couple of friends in Philip's old flat back in winter 2007. We just started playing together a few weeks ago and often met to hang out and have some drinks before we went out to a bar. We joked around and the band name suddenly appeared. I guess Benno and me were having a dialogue in a group of eight persons and we were playing around with some Greek numbers. We all liked the sound of the name and thought it's pretty unique…. But it has no special meaning for us.
2. How did this band get started? Philip (guitar): Me and Benno met each other in front of a boring night club on one of these mornings. luckily there were no girls around so we started to spend some time talking. We played in different bands by that time and we suddenly were in a discussion about music and everything around. The next day I jumped in my rusty red Toyota Starlet and drove down to the boys (Benno's brother Robi was living together with Benno, Nick joined a bit later). So it all got started.
3. What bands are you influenced by? We are influenced by all those great songs out there, all those wonderful melodies that put this smile on your face. There are too many of them to make a list.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? We actually just played two shows with Neil Young & Crazy Horse, how much better could it get? Next week we're touring with Portugal. The Man from Alaska, they are one of our favourites. So at the moment we're pretty spoiled when it comes to play with bands we admire.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Vegan stuffed peppers in Berlin last winter.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Arnold Schwarzenegger back in the days when he was Mister Universe… He looked like some kind of ancient Greek god and he was pretty cute with his curly hair and all that. You should all definitely watch this early movie, Pumping Iron….
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? The guy who'd hand me the award and my mum.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? I know that this is not possible and pretty naive but in a perfect world every musician should get the same exposure and chances, no matter where you come from or how old you are. As a band that comes from a rural area in Germany we know how hard it is to get people to listen to you. Lot of talent gets wasted all over the world cause the music industries or even the Indies always focus on certain cities and styles and often ignore what's going on around that.
10. Memorable tour experience? Just last week our sound engineer was bit by a huge spider, in our van! You should know that in Germany there are basically no dangerous spiders but this one was fucking huge with some yellow stripes and shit… After we saw the beast it disappeared in the van and we're all scared that it is still somewhere hiding in there….
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
12. What is your favorite song to play? "Don't Let Me Down" by the Beatles. Always brings you in a fantastic mood!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Wow, there are lots of wonderful places to go. There's an area in the south of France called Provence…It's where Van Gogh used to live and paint… Amazing landscapes, good food and some heavy psychedelic vibrations going on…Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for a quiet time or if you wanna go for beautiful hikes...
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Robert and my dad used to listen to Frank Zappa when we were kids. My mother just couldn't cope with Zappa so my dad was forced to listen to him only in the car. So everytime we were driving around we listened to Bobby Brown, but we didn't even know what the song is about….So always when I hear this song it kind of reminds me of my childhood.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? It'd be pretty rad to be able to telepathise oneself or things. That'd mean you could just beam all your equipment on and off stage, or send yourself home to your girlfriend on a off day… Plus you didn't have to go back home if you forgot something.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Not something like a real ritual, but we're always getting really goofy before the shows and giggle around like some drunk teenagers. For someone who doesn't know us this can sometimes seem quite grotesque when you look at the kind of music we play, but hey, that's like the most funniest part of the day.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Benno and Robert used to ride motocross bikes when they were teenagers.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? We're all kind of skeptic when it comes to mainstream radio nowadays. Most of what is played sounds like some overproduced pop crap to us. On the other hand you can find a lot of really cool alternative radio stations if you just take a closer look. Just look a the Seattle based station Kexp, they're having amazing studio concerts and really cool acts in their program. I'm sure our band could flourish through radio stations like that….
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Robert (drums) is a beekeeper. So he produces his own honey and works a lot with bees in his spare time, which is perfect 'cause we always have our own honey while we're on tour. Nicolai (organ) is doing some pretty cool music videos.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Nicolai is also a kick ass drummer in some hardcore punk bands!