AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 189.
07:51 AM on 10/08/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Pleasantly surprised by the majority of this. Really like the more upbeat, pop-punk parts - "Life @ 11." Aside from the unneeded bro-core stuff - that's like a thing right? - and heavy stuff like "Violence," this is probably my favorite record by them.
07:57 AM on 10/08/13
CurtisFFI
User Info.
Really feeling this record. Surprised by the slower songs, specifically I Surrender.

The album has a really good blend of everything that makes ADTR. I'm satisfied :)
08:33 AM on 10/08/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is just funny to me on account of how WSMFY was basically Homesick Pt. II.
Eh, not really. Even the band said WSMFY was more of a moody rock record. Only like three of the songs on it sounded like Homesick.
08:40 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Why don't you enjoy "Violence"?

I'm just not a huge fan of the metal-y lead, or the cheesey call-out. I don't hate it or anything, it's just one of my least favorite moments on the album.
08:43 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Sincerely enjoy "Sometimes You're the Hammer" and "Dead & Buried" more than any of the other non-ballad material here. Two of the best songs the band has written imo...the ballads on this record might be THE best songs they've ever written.
08:52 AM on 10/08/13
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Sincerely enjoy "Sometimes You're the Hammer" and "Dead & Buried" more than any of the other non-ballad material here. Two of the best songs the band has written imo...the ballads on this record might be THE best songs they've ever written.
I surrender and I'm already gone are amazing.
08:56 AM on 10/08/13
Jamied123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually really like End of Me- The vibe on it just fits really nicely for me. Dead and Buried is awesome too. Nice to actually hear a mastered version of Violence- The drums really hit that much harder.
09:01 AM on 10/08/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
it's either too late in the evening, or i'm too old in my life to listen to this, but it sounds like the albums from them i like (the first two?) but this sounds like a bunch of same-y bullshit to me. idk, we all have it tough. lawsuit or not, i don't need a band to pump me up to a bunch of non-existent bullies.
sometimes it's good for a band to keep a consistent sound
if a huge group of fans enjoy all the albums even though they sound similiar it's okay to go on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type approach.
09:10 AM on 10/08/13
ally140992
Half awake but fully aware.
User Info.
Surprised no one is talking about "I Remember", IMO it's the best song on the record, and one of the best the band have written. It encapsulates what the band have been through and closes the album perfectly. I love the end when they are reminiscing.
09:31 AM on 10/08/13
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Finishing up my first listen right now. I'm not enjoying it quite as much as many, but I'm having fun with it, and that's all I can really ask from this band at this point. Still glad I purchased it.

I find that the album's brightest moments are without a doubt the pop-punk stuff and the ballads. Undoubtedly some of the best songwriting of the band's career in those moments. The heavy stuff just doesn't do it for me anymore. That tends to be where Jeremy's writing gets really cringe worthy and "tough guy" like. I actually laughed out loud at the "no fucking respect" line in "The Document Speaks for Itself". I'm just completely over that stuff.
09:32 AM on 10/08/13
Erik Bihl
I Like Music
User Info.
This is my AOTY! I don't understand why you people don't think it's more than a 7. Totally the best ADTR album ever!
10:07 AM on 10/08/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
This is my AOTY! I don't understand why you people don't think it's more than a 7. Totally the best ADTR album ever!
did you read the review? Thomas does a pretty good job of explaining why he gave it a 7.
10:23 AM on 10/08/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
did you read the review? Thomas does a pretty good job of explaining why he gave it a 7.
Yeah, a 7 is a fair rating. It's like a 7.5 for me, I suppose
10:28 AM on 10/08/13
Sing-The-Sorrow
User Info.
Hey Thomas - You say "Common Courtesy is an easy step up from its predecessor, What Separates Me From You"... but you gave that album a 7.5. Which is higher than the 7 you gave Common Courtesy. That doesn't add up.

... granted I've only listened to CC a couple times thus far, but I feel WSMFY is a better album.
10:30 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I surrender and I'm already gone are amazing.

I'm not huge on "I Surrender", but I think "I'm Already Gone" and "End of Me" are really progressive steps in songwriting for them.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums