Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 190
03:02 PM on 10/08/13
taydawg360
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, hey. Get the fuck out of here. The breakdowns are awesome, because, guess what? Some of us actually like head-banging, and i love the callouts before breakdowns. On another note, it seems all you highlighted at the end of your review just continually pointed to record sells and money as a tip to ADTR's success. You're a jackass for reviewing this way; take into account that true fans resonate with this record, and these songs. Yes, you're damn right they'll play it over and over again for months, and it'll be the best of the year for them. You know why? Because they're a TRUE fan. You claimed "there isn't any beautiful poetry on this album to be found"...obviously, you don't connecet, and you don't get it. It's the connection to the words, and a connection to the songs. Again, true fans relate to these lyrics and this music. But, i guess this is what you get paid to do. Listen to shit you don't really like and then tell people why you don't think it's good, or do think it is good. Since you didn't directly disrespect ADTR, i'll indirectly tell you what they would probably want to tell you: So, in the words of their lyrics from 2nd sucks GET THE FUCK OVER IT!
03:03 PM on 10/08/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
Yeah, hey. Get the fuck out of here. The breakdowns are awesome, because, guess what? Some of us actually like head-banging, and i love the callouts before breakdowns. On another note, it seems all you highlighted at the end of your review just continually pointed to record sells and money as a tip to ADTR's success. You're a jackass for reviewing this way; take into account that true fans resonate with this record, and these songs. Yes, you're damn right they'll play it over and over again for months, and it'll be the best of the year for them. You know why? Because they're a TRUE fan. You claimed "there isn't any beautiful poetry on this album to be found"...obviously, you don't connecet, and you don't get it. It's the connection to the words, and a connection to the songs. Again, true fans relate to these lyrics and this music. But, i guess this is what you get paid to do. Listen to shit you don't really like and then tell people why you don't think it's good, or do think it is good. Since you didn't directly disrespect ADTR, i'll indirectly tell you what they would probably want to tell you: So, in the words of their lyrics from 2nd sucks GET THE FUCK OVER IT!
lol
03:17 PM on 10/08/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol it's a mostly positive review so I think ADTR would just rather you chill out and not speak for them. Haha relax dude.
03:51 PM on 10/08/13
Christian Otte
Get money fuck bitches smoke trees
User Info.
I love how the things you complain about (the mosh calls and breakdowns) are some of my favorite parts of ADTR's sound, haha - these guys play fuckin' excellent easycore.
03:57 PM on 10/08/13
Supernova
Stuck In An Elevator
User Info.
The little thing at the very end of the album made me jump. Haha
04:03 PM on 10/08/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
More Bro-core not my thing.
04:10 PM on 10/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'll go ahead and break this down bit by bit!

Yeah, hey. Get the fuck out of here. The breakdowns are awesome, because, guess what? Some of us actually like head-banging, and i love the callouts before breakdowns. On another note, it seems all you highlighted at the end of your review just continually pointed to record sells and money as a tip to ADTR's success.
Quote from review: "...while we’re talking about respect again, I’m pretty capable of seeing the bigger picture in this case: A Day To Remember is the biggest band in the world playing this genre of music and they have firmly planted their collective foot as being the best at it." Pretty sure this is me acknowledging the band for being the damn good – even more, the biggest and best – at what they play. I fully understand that there are fans of this band? They are enormous? Is it not obvious throughout the review that I'm aware that people love this band?

You say I "continuously" talk about record sales when I actually only bring up sales twice: "I hope you sell a zillion records and use that money to buy more horses" ... "Their last two albums have sold half a million records combined in the United States" ... neither of these use record sales to diminish A Day To Remember's success in any way.
You're a jackass for reviewing this way; take into account that true fans resonate with this record, and these songs. Yes, you're damn right they'll play it over and over again for months, and it'll be the best of the year for them. You know why? Because they're a TRUE fan.
That's super cool to me, that this band is still making great records for their fans. It's not like I wrote this review for ADTR's fans, though. If some people don't like it, I'd understand that. You don't need to tell me, though, that what I wrote was correct – I very much know that people love this band, will play this record over and over again, etc. That's why I wrote it
You claimed "there isn't any beautiful poetry on this album to be found"...obviously, you don't connecet, and you don't get it. It's the connection to the words, and a connection to the songs. Again, true fans relate to these lyrics and this music.
In my senior year of high school I heavily related to a lyric that goes, "Everything is going to be okay / All we need is Kerouac and a glass of sweet tea or burritos and New Found Glory." That doesn't make it beautiful poetry. I never said that Jeremy McKinnon's lyrics aren't relatable so I'm not sure why you drew that connection in your mind!
But, i guess this is what you get paid to do. Listen to shit you don't really like and then tell people why you don't think it's good, or do think it is good.
I don't get paid to write on this website – but yes, that's the point of an album review.
Since you didn't directly disrespect ADTR, i'll indirectly tell you what they would probably want to tell you: So, in the words of their lyrics from 2nd sucks GET THE FUCK OVER IT!
I kind of think that the band would appreciate a reviewer who isn't a fan of their genre taking the time to appreciate / respect their new record despite not being a personal fan of the sound.

Thanks for using your first post on this website to be mad at me. I hope you spend many happy hours posting here!
04:34 PM on 10/08/13
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Mmmm review was a little too snarky/backhanded but otherwise good. Haven't heard this yet but I'm looking forward to it when I do
04:46 PM on 10/08/13
ClintMontgomery
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Quote from review: "...while we’re talking about respect again, I’m pretty capable of seeing the bigger picture in this case: A Day To Remember is the biggest band in the world playing this genre of music and they have firmly planted their collective foot as being the best at it." Pretty sure this is me acknowledging the band for being the damn good – even more, the biggest and best – at what they play. I fully understand that there are fans of this band? They are enormous? Is it not obvious throughout the review that I'm aware that people love this band?

You say I "continuously" talk about record sales when I actually only bring up sales twice: "I hope you sell a zillion records and use that money to buy more horses" ... "Their last two albums have sold half a million records combined in the United States" ... neither of these use record sales to diminish A Day To Remember's success in any way.

That's super cool to me, that this band is still making great records for their fans. It's not like I wrote this review for ADTR's fans, though. If some people don't like it, I'd understand that. You don't need to tell me, though, that what I wrote was correct – I very much know that people love this band, will play this record over and over again, etc. That's why I wrote it

In my senior year of high school I heavily related to a lyric that goes, "Everything is going to be okay / All we need is Kerouac and a glass of sweet tea or burritos and New Found Glory." That doesn't make it beautiful poetry. I never said that Jeremy McKinnon's lyrics aren't relatable so I'm not sure why you drew that connection in your mind!

I don't get paid to write on this website – but yes, that's the point of an album review.

I kind of think that the band would appreciate a reviewer who isn't a fan of their genre taking the time to appreciate / respect their new record despite not being a personal fan of the sound.

Thanks for using your first post on this website to be mad at me. I hope you spend many happy hours posting here!
This was the best reply I've ever read.
06:38 PM on 10/08/13
guitaristbrb
User Info.

Beautiful.
07:32 PM on 10/08/13
4Who4What
Eagles: 7-3
User Info.
holy shit hahaahahahahahaha

...and that fills my one post every three years in the news posts. bye.
07:53 PM on 10/08/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Now that's a comeback. I would totally be down to see staff members review albums of bands that they're not really fans of. I love seeing an objective review like this, it's honest and does exactly what it sets out to do. A real fan of a band doesn't need a review for them to check out an album.
09:12 PM on 10/08/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
"Yeah, hey. Get the fuck out of here"

Calm down it's just a review!
10:02 PM on 10/08/13
Jake Denning
User Info.

uff da, journalism'ed. Don't fight the Nassiff.
10:04 PM on 10/08/13
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
I had to buy the album again but I finally got my email this afternoon.

I definitely think a lot of the positive reaction is based off the ADTR vs Victory drama.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos